Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

28-07-2021, 03:09 PM

Re: Why don't some people............

Glad you're feeling better LQ.

Something a friend did in situations where she couldn't go to certain events with her family was to create a little cardboard cutout of herself and send that on with the group. It seemed to unravel the disappointed parties and created a novel photo op.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
Glad you're feeling better LQ.

Something a friend did in situations where she couldn't go to certain events with her family was to create a little cardboard cutout of herself and send that on with the group. It seemed to unravel the disappointed parties and created a novel photo op.
Haha this made me chuckle, I must make one of myself, trouble is I'll disintegrate when my cardboard self gets in the swimming pool hehe

Thank you for your good wishes too
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
...........UNDERSTAND

I have been feeling quite unwell this past two days and my Afib has been giving me quite some gyp. I've muddled on through and gone to work but I really do feel quite unwell and very tired. Because I feel unwell it's caused me to have really bad anxiety attacks

I had arranged to go the gym with one of my friends tonight and I have rang her and told her I can't go feeling like I do and she is giving me a hard time about me not going. For some reason she is taking it personal that it's something to do with her. I've had this problem with this friend before and I'm fed up of it. Why do some people have to make it all about them!!!!

I always understand if any of my friends have to cancel things at last minute, chit happens.

sorry for sounding off but thanks for listening, I needed to get that off my fingers and bash the keys on my keyboard
LQ,

I sympathise with what you say, but (there's always a but) I ask you to have a little compassion for the friend.

What's happening in a person's mind, especially if they are experiencing a horror that they never had before, can make them a little more focussed on themselves, and not so much on the sufferings of others.

Sometimes they are so wound up that they don't know the right words to use with the person who has the problem.

How do I know this?

Well, I was once in a ward full of men who had experienced a heart attack in the last day or so.

During the night someone's alarm would go off, as their heart went out of control, and woke everyone up.

There were those who would get up and shout at the nurse to get her to switch the B thing off. "I can't sleep, I can't sleep"

Then other alarms would start, due to the excitement.

By 2 am the nurses were almost calling the cops.

It was chaos.

In the morning, everyone was friends again as they were packing for home, albeit looking very sheepish!.

The moral of my tale?

I'll leave that to you.

Hope you are all well again now!

Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

28-07-2021, 04:09 PM

Haha this made me chuckle, I must make one of myself, trouble is I'll disintegrate when my cardboard self gets in the swimming pool hehe

Thank you for your good wishes too
You're welcome.

Just pop it in a ziplock baggie and you're swimming.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:10 PM

Glad you are feeling better, Queenie, did you like your lions?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:21 PM

Yes, glad to hear you are feeling better today Queenie. Now, make us all a cup of tea and we will put our feet up and relax.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 08:11 PM

Thank you everyone for your concern. The episode has passed when I woke this morning. I went to bed exhausted as it knocked hell out of my body but im sooooo much better today thank goodness. That was a nasty episode for sure.

Meg sure knows just how my body feels when and gives great advice. Im definitely going to buy a Kardia I think I need one.

Again thank you for your concern, im sorry for worrying you.

Im going to have a word with my friend when I see her next face to face. She needs to understand to sime degree what happens. She is very healthy and never gets sick so I guess that's why she doesn't understand that chit happens every now and then when you have a dodgy ticker.

You really are a good bunch of caring people xxxx
Sorry, I've just come across this LQ. Sorry you've been feeling down and I hope you're feeling better now. I know what you mean; I, too, have good days and bad days.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...how awful it is when you feel really ill because your heart is not functioning well enough to pump blood around your body and your organs so you are breathless/your legs don't work/you head is fuzzy/ you have to pee every 10 mins because you are producing an enzyme to protect your kidneys and a herd of Wildebeest is stampeding in your chest trying to escape ...
I didn't know about that. Admittedly, not exactly every 10 minutes, but I've been having to get up for a pee several times overnight. I thought it might be something to do with my diabetes.

Very interesting.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top