Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:34 PM

Re: What Do You Hanker For?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art I catch the drips too for the garden.
I will take a puppy over going out any day....

Meg, Is that Chloe as a puppy, or a puppy you’ve seen and you like?

I think if l got a puppy, l might be paranoid that someone would steal it. Isn’t it awful that you feel like that these days.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:38 PM

I hanker ( funny word ) for quiet and to hear birdsong aand to see the stars from my garden none of which I have .

I live in an over lighted housing estate so even on the darkest of nights I only see a handful of stars . I have 24 hr traffic noise as a busy main road passes my front door and 500 yds as the crow flies is a busy relief road so the traffic noise is loud . There are few trees and few birds but occasionally I hear a blackbird .

Yes I hanker for starlit skies , quiet peace and birdsong .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I hanker ( funny word ) for quiet and to hear birdsong aand to see the stars from my garden none of which I have .

I live in an over lighted housing estate so even on the darkest of nights I only see a handful of stars . I have 24 hr traffic noise as a busy main road passes my front door and 500 yds as the crow flies is a busy relief road so the traffic noise is loud . There are few trees and few birds but occasionally I hear a blackbird .

Susan, how comfortable would you feel taking a break somewhere quiet, like you describe? It sounds lovely!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:41 PM

Oooh Susan, that sounds very romantic but very sad in another way.

Perhaps, l should have used... ‘yearn’ instead of hanker?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:51 PM

That's nice Susan.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, Is that Chloe as a puppy, or a puppy you’ve seen and you like?

I think if l got a puppy, l might be paranoid that someone would steal it. Isn’t it awful that you feel like that these days.
Art it's Millie, Chloe was 3 months when I got her and bigger than that...
Chloe

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 005 desktop.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	16438  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:16 PM

Schnauzers are lovely - my friends have two. One thing I have noticed about them (the dogs, I mean) they have a very intense stare!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Those balmy days of summer? A long lost love? Something you can’t get anymore?

Maybe, you don’t hanker for anything... but if you do... here’s the page for all your hankerings!!
I 'hanker' for the 'chief' ......especially during the hay fever season.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-07-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I 'hanker' for the 'chief' ......especially during the hay fever season.
Mags, You on top form! You should write scripts and l don’t mean... prescriptions!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:58 PM

I yearn for the days of my youth purely because my Dad was still alive. I miss him so much every single day.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top