Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 07:38 PM

Re: Excuses people make re social forums

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Suzuki, This is true, plus it can make you laugh and laugh which is so good for releasing the 'feel good' endorphins!
Yes i've sat and laughed at most things on here, people are intriguing one minute there agumentative and the next there soft and kind, i watch and read quite a lot and now and again i'll put my peneth in just to see the reaction
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 07:40 PM

I like forums: I dip in and out because my husband is in need of my care and I work part time at home even though I am officially retired. It's not an excuse, though I think I might be addicted if it weren't for these obligations. Good topic, nice one Muddy!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Social forums are addictive .
And people know it.
They make all sorts of excuses for it.
( just dipping in I'm really an Brain Surgeon /Rocket scientist on my tea break )
My excuse
None I'm afraid
I just don't want to start on the ironing .
No excuses from me toots, just like dipping in and out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 10:09 PM

A good social forum has the same pulling power as a series on TV. It's like a perpetual story, catching up with the gossip, or or being motivated to comment on one of the many topics covered. And why is it that I feel most motivated to comment when I'm short of time.

So while I sit and enjoy my breakfast I catch up with all of the interesting topics that I have subscribed to in the past, and if time allows I search the rest of the forum. Just lately I've been engrossed with the 'Immigrants/Including Refugees' topic, it runs and runs, and I can't wait to catch up with the latest offerings.

I don't believe it's any different from reading the papers, a book or watching TV, I therefore make no excuse as to why I consider it an important part of my life.
The amount of time I spend on a computer has to be regulated though, in order to be fair to my family and myself. It is for this reason that I only subscribe to this forum, I consider it to be the best.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:29 PM

I love chatting on forums. And yes, I suppose it is an addiction.
I live alone, and get very lonely, so I can get engrossed in what other people have to say. I have made many a friendship over the years, meeting ladies from forums, I went to Austria once to visit a friend off a forum and this year a lady I have been "chatting" to on line for years came to stay with me for a week, lol and yes we are still friends.
And yes, my laptop follows me to every room I go into, well, except one lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Some folks hack Government/Military sites, in search of Extraterrestrial Life, I just watch this one.
There are a few rare specimens sure enough, I don't think I'd hold up too good under a microscope meself Spitty.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 07:36 AM

I really believe that forums such as this will enable me to meet, without actually meeting, a wonderful, honest group of very intelligent people, who will honestly appreciate my inane posts.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Marion ->
I love chatting on forums. And yes, I suppose it is an addiction.
I live alone, and get very lonely, so I can get engrossed in what other people have to say. I have made many a friendship over the years, meeting ladies from forums, I went to Austria once to visit a friend off a forum and this year a lady I have been "chatting" to on line for years came to stay with me for a week, lol and yes we are still friends.
And yes, my laptop follows me to every room I go into, well, except one lol
Not even that room, Marion?! . My iPad is with me in that room right this very minute.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 02:44 PM

Not an excuse I don't need one because I think taking part on a social forum helps to keep the brain 'exercised', it is not just a means of passing time but beneficial.
It is a bit like doing crossword puzzles or any other activity which requires us to engage our brains and think deeply about any subject.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 03:17 PM

Strangely enough I see the forums as a place of entertainment, because it is a large group of people and we all have something to offer.
I have seen people share fortunes and misfortunes, offer help and comfort when somebody is sick, give advice when somebody needs it, make people laugh with their jokes and cheeky comments and I have learned a lot from other's knowledge and experiences. In our own towns we would probably not get to learn so much from our neighbours and friends, because we already know so much about them, yet on here there are always post that surprise, inform, shock,comfort and amuse.... and there aren't many places where you can get such a variety of entertainment and intelligent conversation.
I am not sure I am addicted but I would certainly miss it if it was no longer available.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top