Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 03:17 PM

Re: Excuses people make re social forums

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Not even that room, Marion?! . My iPad is with me in that room right this very minute.
I have one of the first Kindle's that came out, and I just use it for reading books on, so although my ipad doesn't follow me into the smallest room, the kindle very often does
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Social forums are addictive .
And people know it.
They make all sorts of excuses for it.
( just dipping in I'm really an Brain Surgeon /Rocket scientist on my tea break )
My excuse
None I'm afraid
I just don't want to start on the ironing .
Oh dear, I've been on here for what seems like ages and I have things to do: brain surgery? No. An exam on Rocket Science ? No. The alarm has gone off for my husband's medication. After that I'll prepare the supper, walk the dog, give him his insulin and maybe, just maybe I'll be back on later. None of these are excuses , though I guess these remarks were meant for me, following on from me saying on another thread that I dip in and out between helping students with their dissertations and my commitments at home.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 07:26 PM

No excuses from me, I like reading the posts, I don't use any other forums though. When I'm home I think I have things pretty well covered, laptop in the kitchen (so that I can keep an eye on what's cooking), big computer in my room, tablet on the veranda and mobile phone when I'm out and sat having a coffee. Skype is always on, it's much easier than running back and forth to neighbours who want to ask something. I also use the computers for watching TV, not that I watch much TV but since Mr Clumsy is permanently welded to the TV remote it's easier to watch on the computer.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 07:35 PM

I enjoy forums and I'm a member of a few, I like to spread myself around
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 08:33 PM

Being a male and an Aussie, I am, of course, always right.

That being so, I choose to share my wisdom with lesser mortals.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 08:36 PM

My son doesnt listen and the cat is not interested so who else can I talk to lol
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 08:57 PM

I had two weeks pretty much without internet whilst on holiday, just the odd scrappy bit of cheeky free wifi, which was iffy to say the least. I actually felt that when I logged back into the forums that I had completely lost the thread of everything. Had to do so much reading back.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 09:47 PM

My wife explained that we should take up a hobby together, I suggested we should join an orchestra with her playing second fiddle. (To Over50's Forum) not to her face, obviously...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top