Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Re: Fake Goods

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Too true Bruce. (Monty Python before you ask )I've got a real genuine fake Breitling watch almost indistinguishable from the real thing, and it keeps good time. Got it from a shop in Lanzarote ten years ago.

A friend told me only last week that he took a fake Omega for a new battery. The chap in the shop said he should confiscate it but didn't cos he knew my friend.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Was it advertised as a fake Aysa.

I tried to sell a Louis Vuitton Kashmir and Silk pashmina (a gift ) on Ebay last year and they removed my advertisement saying the goods were fake
I was so cross, it certainly wasn't fake it had a fantastic provenance.

I am not interested in 'designer' goods at all but I do like quality.
It wasnt claiming to be the particular brand that I knew it was copying but it was the very best copy that ive ever seen of that brand,I am very happy with it. Ive also got other bags by this particular brand which are genuine too but older styles which I wouldnt part with.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 10:59 PM

No, I wouldn't, If I can't afford the real thing, I won't buy a reproduction or anything fake. I won't have an imitation just so others might think it is the real thing. There are so many products out there that are of just as good, minus the designer labels and designer price tag.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 07:12 AM

Im not impressed by names so I buy what suits my purpose and suits me not what has a name or logo stamped on it.

Im not out to impress by flashing a name brand watch, bag, sunglasses or trainers, I couldnt give a flying fig what other people think.

Quite often fake purfumes are found to contain cheap irritants which can affect your skin and as someone who is already sensitive to makeup and purfume I wouldnt take any additional chances.

For me the product has to be fit for purpose and the name or label is an afterthought.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:48 AM

Yes, I wear clothes from names.

Underwear - bhs
Shoes - Shoezone
Clothing - Bon Marche

All good enough for me!

Have never, ever, understood the need to wear 'names'.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi;738252[B
]Yes, I wear clothes from names.

Underwear - bhs
Shoes - Shoezone
Clothing - Bon Marche

All good enough for me![/B]
Have never, ever, understood the need to wear 'names'.

FAB
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 11:24 AM

No I don't wear designer clothes and I don't have any fake stuff that I know of,...I buy what takes My fancy if the quality and price suits My purse...I do have My darlin Mums old burberry umbrella which is at least 50 yrs old and a wee bit faded,it doesn't fold up into My bag,but neither has it ever blown inside out in a strong wind ;~)...Won't wear fake perfume though.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 01:10 PM

Never worn designer stuff. I get most of my things from Oxfam, Cancer research and Save the children. In any one day I can range from a 70`s throwback to a nineties grunge look, which I hear is coming back this winter. Check me out!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top