Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:02 AM

What is the most unusual food you have eaten?

Hi

Are you adventurous in your foods, either at home or on holiday?

I have eaten some very unusual stuff on my travels and some of it is now available in the UK.

Those I have enjoyed.

Deep fried Cobra in garlic, very nice,

Diced jellyfish, very unusual texture.

Durian, a fruit which smells like a cross between a blocked loo and a rotting corpse, but which tastes delicious.

The smell is so vile that you can not take it on public transport in many areas of South East Asia.

We also eat unusual things here in the UK, I can remember having fried Lamb's Testicles and up in Yorkshire, as a child, chewing on Pig Curly, which is deep fried Pig's Uterus.

Any of you adventurous?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Re: What is the most unusual food you have eaten?

OMG - your list - it all sounds revolting!!!

You've gathered - I'm not adventurous!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:11 AM

Swimfeeders i wouldn't like to be behind you after you have been eating Durian if its thst bad lol!!!
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:18 AM

I've eaten snake, lizard , all kinds of creepy crawlers, horse,many species of fish,squirrel,obviously rabbit, various birds,but I guess your meaning off most people's 'radar' so I'd say 'monkey' would figure there
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:23 AM

Hi again prees and alien

What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve for is never more appropriate when it comes to eating oddities.

I also have had the occasions where I have been given a traditional dish or delicacy and to have refused would have caused great offence. Great acting is needed at times like these.

For example on my 21st I was treated to snake. A much valued and fairly expensive dish. I assumed I could get through the meal and handle it with my usual panache. Little did I know it would be killed, stripped and cooked at the table.

Whilst secretly wishing it had been done elsewhere away from eyeshot, after prep and presentation it did taste like chicken.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:31 AM

Not in the least bit adventurous, even squid tentacles makes me gag.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:38 AM

I'm obviously not as well travelled as some and so I haven't tried anything too obscure. I've eaten bear, reindeer, horse, kangaroo, ostrich, octapus etc.. but I've never fancied trying tripe.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I'm obviously not as well travelled as some and so I haven't tried anything too obscure. I've eaten bear, reindeer, horse, kangaroo, ostrich, octapus etc.. but I've never fancied trying tripe.

I am with you on the tripe thingy. If my life depended on it I could not swallow the darned stuff.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:46 AM

For fans of "The far side".....

Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:50 AM

I think i only had horse meat in Tunisia..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top