Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: Energy Price Rises

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Wow, that doesn't sound like a 'careful' Scotsman, Ffosse.
I'm only tight sometimes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Crikey you must be on a good rate then Meg, are you also frugal with power living on your own? The savings for us promised by Bulb do of course take into account the price rises of the bigger companies planned for this autumn, which are quite substantial I believe.

What does baffle me though about these companies is how they can be so competitive one year and nowhere near the cheapest the next. We have been with six different companies over the last six years but it is so easy to swap now with just the push of a button I'm always bemused by the people who can't be bothered, because if everyone did bother to swap they'd all have to have lower prices to compete!
Barry I always check prices and get quotes every Autumn but have stuck with OVO because the savings from a move are minimal (under £20) and I like the set up where I read my meter myself and send it in every month also the 5% interest on my balance.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:22 PM

Yes, I like reading mine once every 3 months and putting the details on to my energy supplier's site. I usually get a bill around 10 days later which I pay online.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Barry I always check prices and get quotes every Autumn but have stuck with OVO because the savings from a move are minimal (under £20) and I like the set up where I read my meter myself and send it in every month also the 5% interest on my balance.
OVO usually comes up as one of the best whenever I do a check.

Some people avoid it because it's not one of the 'big six', but I don't know why as there is complete protection for the customer if a small company goes bust; you don't lose a penny.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:51 PM

I believe our energy prices are going up a lot from next month.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:30 PM

This is my dilemma at the moment as Scottish Power prices have gone up quite a bit.

I don’t look at how much l am going to save, l want to know what the daily Standard Charge is and what the price per unit is.
What l don’t understand on these comparison sites, they state, what you will save per year but their standing charge, unit prices and monthly direct debit are more than l pay now, so how can l save hundreds of pounds?

Avro are coming up with the best prices, standing charge per day 16.800 each for gas and electric. Electricity 11.655 per unit and Gas 2.993.
If l stay with Scottish Power, their standing charge per day will be 32.88 each for gas and electricity. Electricity will be 14.095 per unit and Gas 3.165per unit.
Bulb is also a good price but it is Variable rather than Fixed. I imagine Variable means the prices could go up at any time, or down even?
My head is done in, with it all!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This is my dilemma at the moment as Scottish Power prices have gone up quite a bit.

I don’t look at how much l am going to save, l want to know what the daily Standard Charge is and what the price per unit is.
What l don’t understand on these comparison sites, they state, what you will save per year but their standing charge, unit prices and monthly direct debit are more than l pay now, so how can l save hundreds of pounds?

Avro are coming up with the best prices, standing charge per day 16.800 each for gas and electric. Electricity 11.655 per unit and Gas 2.993.
If l stay with Scottish Power, their standing charge per day will be 32.88 each for gas and electricity. Electricity will be 14.095 per unit and Gas 3.165per unit.
Bulb is also a good price but it is Variable rather than Fixed. I imagine Variable means the prices could go up at any time, or down even?
My head is done in, with it all!!

That's how I feel too, Art.

I usually have a fixed tariff type, but they still charge more because to cover what they will lose if there is a price increase later, which they can't apply to you.
Or another way they claw it back is to try and increase your direct debits.
I have to argue with them every year to make them stop fiddling about with my D/D's!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's how I feel too, Art.

I usually have a fixed tariff type, but they still charge more because to cover what they will lose if there is a price increase later, which they can't apply to you.
Or another one they claw it back is to try and increase your direct debits.
I have to argue with them every year to make them stop fiddling about with my D/D's!
Mups, lt isn’t right that the prices vary from one provider to another. It isn’t right that you have to spend hours on comparison sites going through the different tariffs.

I have been with Scottish Power for 14 years, l don’t want to have the hassle of changing to another provider because they have become so expensive? . Why can’t they price match to keep their loyal customers?
Loyalty stands for nothing these days...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:16 AM

Apparently we import power from France. Why are we not investing in nuclear power here instead of wasting it on HS2?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, lt isn’t right that the prices vary from one provider to another. It isn’t right that you have to spend hours on comparison sites going through the different tariffs.

I have been with Scottish Power for 14 years, l don’t want to have the hassle of changing to another provider because they have become so expensive? . Why can’t they price match to keep their loyal customers?
Loyalty stands for nothing these days...

I feel the same as you Art.
I just hope we can still afford it in winters to come.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top