Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 05:30 PM

Re: I Thought This Was A Good Idea.

Good idea, our local pet shop does it too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Good idea, our local pet shop does it too.
Oh! He made out his wife had invented it! Ha! l did wonder!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh! He made out his wife had invented it! Ha! l did wonder!
Ask him if his wife lives in Cheddar!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 05:48 PM

That’s a brilliant idea Art, we must throw a lot of plastic out that could be re-used for various things....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 06:25 PM

Some good tips for recycling on here if you can get through the first couple with the biros and the forks. Doh!

Plenty of tips with plastic bottles and plenty of tips with handy hints with a drill.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ask him if his wife lives in Cheddar!
Ok! I will!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That’s a brilliant idea Art, we must throw a lot of plastic out that could be re-used for various things....
Ours goes in the recycle bin so, in that way, gets reused. There is an article about recycled plastic being used in road resurfacing to improve durability. But much of the information put out on this is misleading and some infers that the road is made from plastic. But it is usually a mixture of bitumen and plastic with plastic being a small percentage.

I'm not knocking the idea. Far from it. Just saying that we should not take things at face value because we want to believe them.

A point I would add, recycling plastic waste is not very new. We, my company that is, supplied some electrical equipment to a company in Stroud that using entirely plastic waste to make new product. That was in the seventies - I had my 1972 Sunbeam Rapier at the time. The cars were my way of puting dates on things........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There is one drawback though, Mags. I keep thinking l've left the milk out of the fridge!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There is one drawback though, Mags. I keep thinking l've left the milk out of the fridge!
Oh dear!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2020, 11:36 PM

There's a shop opened in our town dedicated to that sort of thing. The trouble is, it's more expensive than buying stuff ready packaged.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top