Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:49 PM

Re: Mattresses

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Everybody needs a Bosom for a Pillow.
You can get them from the corner shop.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:51 PM

Mups, you know I would Never Debunk You.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You can get them from the corner shop.
Well Done.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:52 PM

Getting back to pillows after these bloomin' men mess about so, I bought a new one just a couple of weeks ago but I found I had to open the end seam a little and take some of the stuffing out as it was like sleeping on the side of Everest.

Incidentally, the reason I bought it was because my usual one was in the wash, which brings me to another question . . . .

How frequently, (if ever,) do you wash your pillows?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Getting back to pillows after these bloomin' men mess about so, I bought a new one just a couple of weeks ago but I found I had to open the end seam a little and take some of the stuffing out as it was like sleeping on the side of Everest.

Incidentally, the reason I bought it was because my usual one was in the wash, which brings me to another question . . . .

How often (if ever) do you wash pillows?
I don't think they are ever washed tbh, they do have some sort of protector thingy on them (I don't get too involved).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-08-2020, 03:55 PM

Its called a "Pillow Case" LD.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't think they are ever washed tbh, they do have some sort of protector thingy on them (I don't get too involved).

What about Duvet?

I have a very lightweight 4 tog on in the summer, and when the nights get chillier later, it goes in the wash and my winter one goes on instead.

In spring, the winter one goes to the laundry because it is too big for a domestic washing machine, and the nice clean lightweight one goes back on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-08-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its called a "Pillow Case" LD.

No it's not, I know what he means. He means one of the pillow protectors you put on underneath the pillow case.
Is that right Dongle?
It's because he dribbles I'm told.

Anyway Spitty, this was a sensible thread at the start, so if you go and get on with laying that path you're supposed to be doing, we can return to the subject of mattresses!
Be off with you. Skidaddle.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-08-2020, 04:03 PM

I'm going, its gone cooler again outside.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:04 PM

Doesn’t it depend how well you care for the mattress and the quality of the mattress to begin with. The mattress I currently have is a high top. It has an extra part on top similar to a muffin top. It seemed like a good idea at the type of purchase but actually wasn’t. I badly need a new mattress. I don’t vacuum or clean my mattress as often as I should. I think it’s safe to say that mattresses should be changed at least every 10 years.

Pillows? I never wash pillows. I buy new ones and often.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top