Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:54 PM

Re: Weighing machine

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Suggest you keep changing the batteries, every day, until you reach your target weight.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am so glad you posted this JBR
I knew there was a reason why my is diet not working ........
I agree. My money is on the weighing machine failing to operate correctly. I suppose the only really accurate way of measuring our weight would be a traditional balance with a complete set of weights!

Electronics fail, springs lose their tension, etc.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Two days ago when I got up, I weighed 12 stones 7 pounds.
That has been my approximate weight for many months now.

Yesterday morning, I suddenly weighed 12 stones 10 pounds.

How do you put on 3 pounds in one day without eating (and, sorry for this, pooing) any differently?

Marge also found that she had put on 2 pounds overnight.

Everything pointed to the obvious culprit, the weighing machine. It is a decent make (Salter) and only a couple of years old. I decided to change the batteries.

With new batteries, I had dropped to 12 stones 8.6 pounds, and that was within half-an-hour.

Today I weigh 12 stones 8.8 pounds.

Time for a new weighing machine?
Or will the new one be similarly inaccurate?
Mine is 62kg. That's much more accurate................
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 03:19 PM

I was a slimming world member for years. A lot of the women wouldn't drink a cup of tea during the afternoon weigh in because half a pint of liquid weighs heavy . I would follow the slim plan all week and on weigh in day had gained 2lb which was devastating. The clothes you wear make a difference too , always wear same clothes. I've seen women take off jumpers prior to getting on the scales

Hence I'm now overweight because I cant stand the paranoia when weighing in each week the highs and lows are upsetting
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 03:33 PM

To get an exact and true weight .
Make sure you have taken a enema some hours before .
Visit loo
Take off all clothes
Get on scales very slowly ( don’t want to frighten them)
Get off check scales for faults
See JBRs post !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-11-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I was a slimming world member for years. A lot of the women wouldn't drink a cup of tea during the afternoon weigh in because half a pint of liquid weighs heavy . I would follow the slim plan all week and on weigh in day had gained 2lb which was devastating. The clothes you wear make a difference too , always wear same clothes. I've seen women take off jumpers prior to getting on the scales

Hence I'm now overweight because I cant stand the paranoia when weighing in each week the highs and lows are upsetting
We weigh ourselves in the nude. That's the easiest way of avoiding the possibility of different clothes being worn. Also first thing upon waking up avoids any initial input of food or liquids.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-11-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Make sure you have taken a enema some hours before.
I don't think so!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I don't like them....They Lie.

'Tis true, Roxy.
I overheard mine conspiring with yours.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 04:30 PM

I have my digital scales in the spare bedroom on a ceramic floor tile (it says don't put on the carpet) and I find if I move them when cleaning the weight alters considerably so now I clean around them
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2020, 05:14 PM

Can I make a suggestion over and above Megs' one about putting scales on a solid foundation?

Take your scales to your local weighs and measures people and get them checked with their set of standard weights. Once you know the difference between their weights and what your scales are reading, you can apply this difference to your own weight when weighing yourself.

However, IMHO, the best scales to use are the old fashioned beam and weight scales like they use for boxing match weigh-ins.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top