Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 08:30 PM

How can this happen?

Some people, understandably in some cases, express their views about illegal immigration that is happening. However, this person was here and at university, despite his disability. It seems he 'slipped through the net', judging by the following newspaper article and news report from the BBC.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/...alised-3054093

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-55130364

Does nobody care enough to realise this person had not been seen for a while, that he may have been in trouble in some way?

The Coroner has raised concerns about this case and bearing that in mind what are your comments?

My comment is that I think it's appalling in this day and age that this can happen! It's not as if there have not been many cases in the past of social services not doing what they should be doing.

A further search revealed this news item from 2014 and yet the above is still happening!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...t-9556591.html
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 08:32 PM

Re: How can this happen?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Some people, understandably in some cases, give their views about illegal immigration that is happening. However, this person was here and at university despite his disability. It seems he 'slipped through the net', judging by the following newspaper item.

Does nobody care enough to realise this person had not been seen for a while, he may have been in trouble in some way?

The Coroner has raised concerns about this case and bearing that in mind what are your comments?

My comment is that I think it's appalling in this day and age that this can happen! It's not as if there have not been many cases in the past of social services not doing what they should be doing.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/...alised-3054093

A further search revealed this news item from 2014 and yet the above is still happening!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...t-9556591.html
Oh my gosh, how utterly awful! 9 months is such a long time!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 08:58 PM

Remember Baz, these days, life is cheap. We have become throwaway commodities (if that’s the right word?)
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Remember Baz, these days, life is cheap. We have become throwaway commodities (if that’s the right word?)
Yes Artangel, I know that is the way things are going (or have gone) these days BUT surely anyone and everyone deserves better than this. What would those who work for social services, the ones who knew him but did nothing, think if that was their son or daughter left for all those months?

He may have been autistic with mental health problems but one in four people in this country have mental health problems, that also could have been any one of us.

How can any human being(?) just 'forget' someone in this way? It's beyond me I can tell you, not only does it make me very sad it also makes me furious.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 09:36 PM

Whilst I'm not unsympathetic it struck me that if he hadn't been allowed to get 9 months in rent arrears they'd have found him sooner. .. though most likely still dead.

Care in the community regarding mental health is a tricky area these days. Some might say they should be locked up to ensure they receive adequate supervision, but there isn't the funds or the manpower anymore.

Apparently he was ... "quite angry" about his benefits being stopped and that was why he wanted to end his life.'

Surely his parents are equally responsible whether they're living in the UK or if they remained in Dubai when he came here as a university student in 2009, to later (2012) be diagnosed with Asperger's and personality disorder.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
whilst i'm not unsympathetic it struck me that if he hadn't been allowed to get 9 months in rent arrears they'd have found him sooner. .. Though most likely still dead.

Care in the community regarding mental health is a tricky area these days. Some might say they should be locked up to ensure they receive adequate supervision, but there isn't the funds or the manpower anymore.

Apparently he was ... "quite angry" about his benefits being stopped and that was why he wanted to end his life.'

surely his parents are equally responsible whether they're living in the uk or if they remained in dubai when he came here as a university student in 2009, to later (2012) be diagnosed with asperger's and personality disorder.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 09:53 PM

I take it you disagree.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top