Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:20 PM

sweets you can't buy now

what sweets or chocolate bars do you remember from your childhood days, that you can't get now...

hazelnut creams were a favourite of mine...a mound of sweet pink fondant with a hazelnut stuck on the top'''and after dinner mints, white mints a bit like edinburgh rock only they were mint flavoured..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:31 PM

Re: sweets you can't buy now

Frys Five Boys.
Frys Milk Sandwich.
Frys Five Centre.
Sweet Necklace.
Puff Candy.
Love Hearts.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:34 PM

Proper dolly mixtures, delicately flavoured and coloured.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:35 PM

Spangles - in many flavours.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:49 PM

Eucalyptus drops, I bought them every afternoon going to school...3d for
2oz...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Spangles - in many flavours.
Snap! I was going to say them too. I loved them.

Opal Fruits are under another name I think, but they do not taste anything like the originals I remember.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:01 PM

White mice or turtles...small white chocolate items that went into a 10p mixer bag. They were SO creamy and delicious....can't get them anywhere now
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 01:05 PM

Proper chocolate. Not the junk that's being sold today that tastes of lard. Fry's used to be best. Never cared for Spangles - tart and cut my mouth.

As for the rest, having once seen the shopkeeper blow his nose on his hand, wipe it on his grubby trousers, and dip his hand in a jar of cough candy --- nothing that didn't come wrapped.

Cinder toffee sold on the market was great too. Hand made by the traders themselves or their wives. Goodness knows how hygienic but it looked cleaner than the corner newsagent. Probably was!

I was three and at the time we were still living right on the edge of a real slum part of Manchester.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:09 PM

Bar six
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:35 PM

Does anyone remember Rowntree’s Chocolate Crisp, which was an earlier forerunner of the Kit Kat?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top