Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Re: Irritating Ads

Anything with T***Pot Schofield in
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:38 PM

I still hate the Go Compare ad
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I still hate the Go Compare ad
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ahh but, I haven't bought anything due to seeing it on an advert though....I make a deliberate effort to do that. They won't force me to give them my money, oh no!
Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Same here.
They must have influenced some people though, they are still in business and still advertising, which is not exactly cheap.

The average person would not believe the lengths advertisers go to so that the advertisements showing their products are better than the competition. The effort and psychology behind that really is quite something. I spent many years in that industry seeing all that was done in that way.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Wow! Just that one irritates you! Every single one of them irritates me!
Hence why l record most programmes and fast forward all adverts.
I have done that for years until last year when we 'surrendered' our TV licence, so we now never watch live TV.

Netflix and Prime are mostly advert free, so the problem doesn't arise, but catch-up of TV channels do include adverts (well, they have to make their money somehow) and, yes, some of those are quite irritating.

Unfortunately, I can't record those and skip through the adverts, so I have to go and make a cup of tea (or have a pee!).

Those which annoy me are the ones which, for some reason, feel the need to speak in a faux American accent. I already dislike the fact that Americanisms are creeping into our perfectly good English, and adverts only encourage it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Have got TV on in the background..

Most annoying ad for me nowadays is the yodelling Domino one.

Which is/are yours?

I agree, Dex.
As soon as that one comes on I have to mute it.
In fact, I mute most of them now.

I am also more than fed up with the Go Compere one, and also that one with the big black Bull standing about and that 'We'll deliver your new car' one, too.

Trouble is, they make a half decent advert, then spoil it entirely by saturating us with it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:47 PM

I wish Malcolm and his mother were still on the adverts for the Vick Sinex spray advert. Malcolm was such a mummy’s boy!!

****He couldn’t even pronounce the destination he needed to go to, to the ticket clerk at the railway station!

****Whoops that was the Tunes advert not Vick Sinex spray!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
They must have influenced some people though, they are still in business and still advertising, which is not exactly cheap.

The average person would not believe the lengths advertisers go to so that the advertisements showing their products are better than the competition. The effort and psychology behind that really is quite something. I spent many years in that industry seeing all that was done in that way.

That is interesting, Baz...so maybe you could tell me why the endless series of products (ie soap powder) is always "faster, whiter, cleaner, less effort" than the last lot they brought out? It actually annoys me, because there is probably nothing wrong with the previous product at all!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the replies so far.

Almost forgot the one with the most irritating voice and inane grin.....

Omaze.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-06-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

The average person would not believe the lengths advertisers go to so that the advertisements showing their product are better than the competition. The effort and psychology behind that really is quite something. I spent many years in that industry seeing all that was done in that way.
They are all at it Baz. There is a lot of so called CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) which promotes world causes but also increases profits. The public are taken in by companies telling them how to eat healthily or that drinking their beer will protect sea lions.

I hate all forms of Wokevertising.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top