Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:17 PM

Re: Sunbathing

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh Carol that's horrible
Do you avoid going out in it at all?

I wear factor 50. I'm ok for short spells in the sun - no longer than half hour & the skin will start to itch & redden.

I don't let it keep me in but I tend to sit/walk where it's shady.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:43 PM

Just popped in from the cabin in the garden. My sole exposure to the sun over the last 24 hours has been a matter of seconds. My wife just said "you've caught the sun".
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:54 PM

I get that itchy rash too just below my neck Carol. Only in very strong sun if I forget to put on cream. It doesn't feel very healthy. I once went to a rock festival at Milton Keynes Bowl where you are sitting in one position on the grassy banks and the sun tanned half my face!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:24 PM

Love a few minutes in the sun but cant take much . I will sit out under a sun shade but I use a 15 or a 30 . I dont like the hot burning feel nowadays . I was once a sun worshipper
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:34 PM

I don't understand 'sunbathing' never have.
We are born with a skin colour some darker that others, if you have fair skin why burn it

I used to enjoy the warmth of the sun during outdoor activities, now I hide away from it because the heat makes me feel ill.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:14 PM

Nope, not for me, I don’t like it hot, the idea of lounging round a pool or laying on a beach in the sun just doesn’t appeal to me, that’s probably why I’ve never been abroad….
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:10 PM

I lost my brother and one of my dearest friends to skin cancer - so NO - I do not sunbathe.

Cannot tolerate heat anyway - have spent most of today lying on the bedroom floor (my floors are stone and the room faces North) - windows open - curtains closed - high powered fan on full blast!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:22 PM

At the beginning of the summer I like to sit out in the sun and tan my legs and arms, this means that later in the year I can run and walk in the sun without fear of burning. These days I never expose my upper body for too long in the sun, always wearing a tee shirt. I never sit in the sun for longer than an hour, and at this time of year I rarely sit out in the sun at all.
I don't wear sunscreen here in the UK, but I always use a factor 25 or 30 when abroad. I once burned to a crisp on a beach in Newquay when I was 15 and I have never forgot the pain and discomfort I suffered for the next few days.... Never again!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:30 PM

No need for it. I walk our dogs everyday and do plenty of gardening, swimming
kayaking, canoeing and other types of boating so have plenty of colour. I don’t burn early but usually tan.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
No need for it. I walk our dogs everyday and do plenty of gardening, swimming
kayaking, canoeing and other types of boating so have plenty of colour. I don’t burn early but usually tan.
You’re lucky Bratti

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top