Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:27 PM

Re: I was pleasantly surprised...

In fact, I’ll even go as far as saying that I think people who are vaccinated who still got Covid are the ones who possibly slacked off in the safety department a bit too much.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:35 PM

I was told today about a woman who was suffering badly from an Asthma attack, couldn't get through to the GP for help on the phone this morning, so she went to the surgery instead to ask to see a Doctor.

Apparently the women on reception sent her packing, because she hadn't got a mask on - even though she is exempt!
In her hurry to get to the surgery, she had left her proof of exemption at home.

Surely they could have either looked at her records and seen she was telling the truth, or at the very least, they could have provided her with a mask, surely!

I thought the way they treated her was appalling.

Then this afternoon I got a text from the surgery saying everybody is still to wear mask there, so I am guessing they've had a few turning up with no mask today.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I was told today about a woman who was suffering badly from an Asthma attack, couldn't get through to the GP for help on the phone this morning, so she went to the surgery instead to ask to see a Doctor.

Apparently the women on reception sent her packing, because she hadn't got a mask on - even though she is exempt!
In her hurry to get to the surgery, she had left her proof of exemption at home.

Surely they could have either looked at her records and seen she was telling the truth, or at the very least, they could have provided her with a mask, surely!

Then this afternoon I got a text from the surgery saying everybody is still to wear mask there, so I am guessing they've had a few turning up with no mask today.
That is appalling . The other day I walked into a garden centre and forgot my mask. I was right at the entrance and there was a box of masks there for this exact reason and a garden centre at a home hardware store. Surely a hospital - medical centre would have plenty of masks. Very strange. It’s like they punished her for forgetting.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
That is appalling . The other day I walked into a garden centre and forgot my mask. I was right at the entrance and there was a box of masks there for this exact reason and a garden centre at a home hardware store. Surely a hospital - medical centre would have plenty of masks. Very strange. It’s like they punished her for forgetting.
Agree. There are many shops which freely provide masks.

It is unconscionable that the one place that should have protection freely available didn't have any, not that it was even appropriate to force someone who was exempt and having breathing difficulties to wear one anyway
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

20-07-2021, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

It is unconscionable that the one place that should have protection freely available didn't have any, not that it was even appropriate to force someone who was exempt and having breathing difficulties to wear one anyway
This is true. I hadn’t quite thought of that but yeah.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 01:44 PM

This is true. I hadn’t quite thought of that but yeah.
I had a hair appointment today, grey all gone.
I did have a mask but it's my favourite & I didn't want it covered in dye, so the hairdresser gave me one of the disposable masks & said I could wear that instead. Obviously our hair dresser has them for customers.
Later walking around the town as I passed a shop an assistant came out & gave one to a man wanting to go in the shop when he didn't have one.
A lot of shops must supply masks to people who haven't got one on them, here anyway.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sainsburys have kept the sanitiser but removed the divider screens between the tills. The till sneeze screens remain. I would say 99% of people in today were wearing masks, staff and customers.
Yes I noticed that in our Sainsbury's yesterday.

It’s the same here but then again, you aren’t even allowed in stores without one. You won’t be allowed in without one.
I think most people here are being exceptionally reasonable about it.
No, we weren't allowed in stores without a mask until yesterday. At least, that was the law, but people without masks were rarely challenged as far as I can tell.

In fact, I’ll even go as far as saying that I think people who are vaccinated who still got Covid are the ones who possibly slacked off in the safety department a bit too much.
Hmm, you could be right there.

Mups that is truly shocking and I seriously hope she makes a formal complaint to the practice manager about this.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

Agree with you both 100%.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:32 PM

Today's visit to Sainsbury's saw only about 50% of us wearing masks, including all staff.
A lot of the unmasked were old people.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:19 PM

Ventured out today for the first time since 'freedom' to stock up on fruit in M&S and to go to Boots. At 8:15 the shopping center was eerily deserted , the few people I saw were all wearing masks as were the staff who were not behind perspex screens . I wore my mask with a filter for a high risk situation.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top