Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:27 PM

Re: Street Photography

I often take candid photos. Usually they are not of people, but sometimes they are.

If I can see a person in public, then I see no issue with taking a photo of them. The event has happened in public.
I see it/them and remember it.
I see it/them and take a photo of of it/them.

I see no difference.

I would never photograph someone in their own home without their permission.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:48 PM

My Son say's post any photos of him and his gal...no issues with him and boy he has had some tough times along the way..

.https://ibb.co/QctNjCZ
I think he has had so much to deal with that I do wonder really how he got through it..Wife turned to drugs and drugs led to prostitution....downward path at the time...short version for those that can't be doing this...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Thats a good point, LD...I would hate to see myself randomly turning up on here, having being caught on camera without me knowing! I'd be furious, actually!

We had thios discussion once before on here, and I do agree with you Pixie. I would be furious too - and worried.
Worried at who had been creeping about taking my photo without my knowledge.

Some people on here post pictures of themselves quite often, but I choose not to.
If I make this choice, I would not be a happy bunny if someone else took photos without my knowledge, and splattered them over the internet without my consent.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:01 PM

Nobody in this day and age posts pictures of any personal nature without consent...life is 2021...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=Ciderman;2136722]I don't regard it as an invasion of privacy! Otherwise surely just looking at them is an invasion.
I have found the swivel screen handy as people expect you to be pointing at them to take a photo and you can have your back to them. It's also handy in that you can lift the camera above heads in a crowd.

I don't see how you can think that Ciderman.
The fact that the photographer doesn't think it's an invasion, is nothing to do with what the 'victim' feels.

As for saying - "just looking at them is an invasion" is really very silly, because 'looking at them' alone, does not publish their face on the internet, does it.
There is a world of difference.

Just pretend for a moment, that you stopped a stranger in the street and asked them if you could photograph them and put it on the internet. What do you imagine the majority would say?
I think the majority would tell you in no uncertain terms where to go.
Yet people think it is just fine to do it without even asking.

Celebs are used to it, and if it is flattering, they welcome it, but how many ordinary folks want it do you think?

How would you feel if a friend told you your picture was on the internet tomorrow and you didn't even know?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I don't regard it as an invasion of privacy! Otherwise surely just looking at them is an invasion.
I have found the swivel screen handy as people expect you to be pointing at them to take a photo and you can have your back to them. It's also handy in that you can lift the camera above heads in a crowd.
See, even this makes me uncomfortable, because the very fact you are swivelling the screen so it LOOKS like you aren't taking their picture, is a bit odd, in my opinion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-07-2021, 11:16 PM

See, even this makes me uncomfortable, because the very fact you are swivelling the screen so it LOOKS like you aren't taking their picture, is a bit odd, in my opinion.

Bordering on a bit creepy even . . .
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:16 PM

I wouldn't mind at all Mups. Must be just me I guess. I have on occasions asked and I have never once had anything but 'yes' followed by a humourous response like "What is the hourly rate?"
As someone has mentioned we are all on camera most of the time and if you are not a criminal I see no problem with that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-07-2021, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I wouldn't mind at all Mups. Must be just me I guess. I have on occasions asked and I have never once had anything but 'yes' followed by a humourous response like "What is the hourly rate?"

But do they know you would put them on the net, Ciderman?
I can hardly believe people would be happy with that if they didn't know you..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 11:20 PM

Thats a good point, LD...I would hate to see myself randomly turning up on here, having being caught on camera without me knowing! I'd be furious, actually!
Originally Posted by Mups ->
We had thios discussion once before on here, and I do agree with you Pixie. I would be furious too - and worried.
Worried at who had been creeping about taking my photo without my knowledge.

Some people on here post pictures of themselves quite often, but I choose not to.
If I make this choice, I would not be a happy bunny if someone else took photos without my knowledge, and splattered them over the internet without my consent.
I agree with Pixie and Mups and find some photographs taken of people without their consent a bit creepy and bordering on the voyeuristic, perhaps it's a 'woman thing'.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top