Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:48 AM

Re: Me, me, me.

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Clever.

If anyone talks to me they always seem to be boasting about something.With my inferiority complex I don't need that sort of thing.

But it's important to remember,as Oscar Wilde once said,"Everybody needs good neighbours,they should be there for one another and that's when neighbours become good friends"
You legend Smithy! I have a feeling your "inferiority" is all in your head. But i guess that is stating the bleedin obvious. 7
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes good on you Mart. Im happy ton have a chat with anybody at all. Im not huge on talking about myself..especially my health problems. Im happy to listen . Doesnt matter what the conversation is about. All somebody has to be is to have some manners. Im not interested in "wind ups" ..I think they are a sign of a lazy, unfulfilled mind. But if im being wound up, i sometimes take the bait. That is my failure. But if somebody wants to talk. I dont care who they are. I am very reluctant to label anybody "boring". I believe you can learn something from everybody you meet.
The sweet voice of reason - as always, Keezoy!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 06:48 AM

I used to catch the bus each day for a half hour journey. I had noticed one particular woman would sit next to people and talk incessantly at them . I always avoided eye contact .
I was on the bus coming home and as we stopped at the bus station I noticed she was in the queue and in a few moments she had plonked herself next to me and opened her mouth to start and out came a load of uninteresting talking . As she started I looked blankly at her and mouthed
" sorry I'm deaf "

It worked
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:15 AM

Gosh you lot, no wonder the Trickcyclist Couch Company went bust!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I used to catch the bus each day for a half hour journey. I had noticed one particular woman would sit next to people and talk incessantly at them . I always avoided eye contact .
I was on the bus coming home and as we stopped at the bus station I noticed she was in the queue and in a few moments she had plonked herself next to me and opened her mouth to start and out came a load of uninteresting talking . As she started I looked blankly at her and mouthed
" sorry I'm deaf "

It worked
Oooh! She won't be bothering you again, Susan!

I don't mind people talking to me for a few minutes, but when they start talking about people I don't know, who are ill or have passed away, that annoys me. I just say I'm sorry for their loss and try and make an excuse to end the conversation, or an excuse to leave. I do feel for them, but if I don't know them, or the people they are referring to....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:23 AM

You don't have to know someone to know somebody.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:46 AM

Lots of people have mental health problems & I suspect that loneliness causes many of them.

I appreciate that many of you are joking on this thread, but if I was looking at this forum in the hope of finding friends to talk to, as I was lonely, comments on here would make me look elsewhere.

I can always find a few minutes to talk to a stranger, because I may be the last person they talk to that day. Most of us can spare a few minutes of our day, I mean look how long we spend on here talking to people who were once strangers!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Lots of people have mental health problems & I suspect that loneliness causes many of them.

I appreciate that many of you are joking on this thread, but if I was looking at this forum in the hope of finding friends to talk to, as I was lonely, comments on here would make me look elsewhere.

I can always find a few minutes to talk to a stranger, because I may be the last person they talk to that day. Most of us can spare a few minutes of our day, I mean look how long we spend on here talking to people who were once strangers!
Well said, Twink.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I usually get random strangers in the street who tell me their life story but don’t let me butt in at any time!

I don’t mind if l have time but the worst was the woman stranger who was passing me whilst l was standing at a bus stop. Not satisfied with talking to me for the 10 minutes or so until my bus came, she decided to get on the bus with me for the 50 minute journey.
She never stopped and l was too polite to say, ‘Shut up, you’re boring and l don’t know these people you’re yapping on about’!

We got to my destination, she got off the bus, walked across the road and got on a bus back to where she’d come from!!
What a horrific ordeal, Art, I hope it doesn't put you off using public transport.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If I was your neighbour, we'd have gone for a ride and I'd have been showing you the paths and off-road tracks.
How kind of you, mart, if only you were my neighbour.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top