Join for free
Page 132 of 171 « First < 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 08:45 AM

Re: My Own Personal Choice of Music.

Hi Longfellow

I do like Don't Let Me Down by The Beatles, and love that Rooftop video. I've always thought Billy Preston played an essential part throughout and never got the credit he deserved. You catch a glimpse of him at 1:03 and of course the outro starting at about 2:53

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 12:57 PM

It seemed to be in those days that artists moved back n forth helping each other out and only later years you start seeing them credited with sessions and such when they became a name themselves.
Billy Preston moved about a lot if I remember rightly before actually becoming a song artist. I think a lot of them liked it that way to be in the background they did not have to commit and live up to the stress of being at all the gigs.

dooD have you ever watched Across The Universe worth a look if you have not,its all Beatles music in a story.

Back to the Beatles and my personal opinion (if you want to know it.)
GB yes The Beatles did produce a lot of bubbly gum music but that is what their manager and fans wanted,it paid the bills and gave them a very entertaining time in their young lives.
Whilst in the background they were writing and producing music that will live on for decades to come Music that just would not have made them as much money in those days as it did in later years. I think they were using pop music and movies as a means to an end to reach their own goals, after all we all know now they had their own agenda's and we saw that when they split.
My bad was I always believed Ringo was just along for the ride because lets face it he was no Cozy Powell.
But in saying that he actually went on to do some good things in music so I believe I was wrong about him.
Bottom line is I liked their music no matter what others say about them.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:17 PM

thanks for all that long bella - I am watching extreme railway journeys at the mo across russia - effin marvellous - I've suggested taking scribbles gang and you can come too! - I get back to the music later!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 02:04 PM

I've seen Across The Universe a couple of times (my brother has the dvd) but the last time was 4 or 5 years ago. The part that really sticks in my mind is Happiness Is a Warm Gun. A complex and challenging work back in '68, I knew it was genius but it wasn't one of those songs I was always singing to myself. The the way it's built into the story and acted out is truly brilliant.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 02:10 PM

yes I am always happy twiddling my 'warm gun' as was JL!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

10-08-2018, 02:22 PM

The Beatles did produce a lot of bubbly gum music but that is what their manager and fans wanted,it paid the bills and gave them a very entertaining time in their young lives.
Whilst in the background they were writing and producing music that will live on for decades to come Music that just would not have made them as much money in those days as it did in later years. I think they were using pop music and movies as a means to an end to reach their own goals, after all we all know now they had their own agenda's and we saw that when they split.
My young life too.

I grew up with The Beatles, I was 11 when Please, Please Me suddenly hit the No.1 spot and it was like hearing music for the first. My musical taste matured as did their output. I followed them all the way.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

10-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes I am always happy twiddling my 'warm gun' as was JL!
I think JL may have been referring to a syringe .... but that's debatable.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Morning guys today feels like a good day..
Have a cool Sunday folks.

Culbertson not really one of my favourites but this is I guess good to listen to.

Thanks for the pm's by the way appreciated.
longfellow
Chatterbox

12-08-2018, 10:17 AM

So much to do today after sleeping all yesterday.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-08-2018, 12:05 PM

nice stuff longbella! - I remember interviewing a chick like that one on the first rendering as an au pair whilst in HK - I still can't understand why my wife wouldn't choose her?

brian culbertson is obviously good on the old johanna but he does fart about a bit don't he. funky jazz blues suddenly switched me back to trad and I couldn't handle that after the smooth stuff - but yea - struck a chord for old Hong Kong. We would nightclub it at the w/ends [tamer au pair] and dance to the smooth stuff! Yea

Page 132 of 171 « First < 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top