Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 11:27 AM

Re: COVID-19 ONS Infection Survey

Yes Lindy, it's the ONS survey, as outlined in Omah's opening post. There has been very little info, either on TV news, online, or in the press regarding the survey. Like I say, I heard nothing for 3 months, so assumed the project had been abandoned. Now, all I am awaiting, is my second vaccination in a few weeks. Happy days!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 12:49 PM

My son is still working for them - delivering and collecting tests. It's great he's found viable employment until he can pickup with his career........in May I hope.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 01:05 PM

As the pandemic spread, I decided against letting strangers into my house .....
Suedonim
UK
Suedonim is female 

02-03-2021, 04:36 PM

My Dh & I are taking part in this. This is our fifth or sixth week of testing. He’s had his first reward voucher, mine hasn’t come yet!

No one comes into your house or even comes near you. They either stand outside your door, masked & gloved, and ask you the questions (any Covid symptoms, have you been anywhere, have you had a vaccine etc) or they phone you from their car and ask you. One poor chap came looming out of a blizzard last month - I felt bad I couldn’t ask him in!

The test is the standard throat and nose one, not painful although also not something you’d want to do for fun.

It feels as though we’re contributing in a small way to overcoming the pandemic.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top