Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:44 PM

Re: Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street by Christmas

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Bread I think a reshuffle would be a good thing, we need more experienced MPs to drive things forward once we have left the transition period and there is hope of a vaccine to revive the economy.

I liked what I saw of Cummings, he is a 'thinker' who gets things done.
As long as Boris has been PM there has never been a "business as usual" in the party or in the country. First he had to fix Brexit and then on top of that there was the pandemic.

You just need to listen to the likes of Starmer, Lammy and Dodds to realise that if this was Labours job, nothing would be done because everything is too hard, too difficult, not possible and unachievable. We saw it with PPE which was sorted, we saw it with ICU beds, which was sorted, we saw it with track and trace, which was sorted, and now (Lammy on QT last night) was declaring how impossible it will be to roll out the vaccine across the country with the NHS. They give up as soon as they are presented with a challenge.

Labour are a party who revel in and celebrate failure, and when faced with real issues like Brexit and COVID-19 they have no alternative plan, they politicise misfortune for their own gain, they refuse to support the advice of public health England and SAGE and instead come up with their "alternatives" to divide the nation, put fear into the public and consistently changed their minds on everything.

Where is Starmers manifesto anyway ? No opposition, no opposition leadership, no opposition message here, just an extension of Corbyn protest party.

Come Christmas I hope the preparations are made for brexiteers such as Ian Duncan Smith and Steve Baker to join the ranks on the front bench. Boris has an enormous appeal because of his personality, but at the end of the day we need seriously outstanding Management capabilities and Boris (bless his heart) is a glorified journalist (although extremely clever and articulate). We need the leadership and drive from heavyweights like IDS to push the UK forward in 2021 and deliver the end state of what Johnson and Cummings started.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:59 PM

Departure of Boris Johnson’s Brexit ‘brain’ signals end of influence for Vote Leave team

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1722344.html

Friends and allies of Dominic Cummings regard him — and he regards himself — as a maverick and visionary. Yet the man David Cameron once described as a “career psychopath” also accumulated a growing number of detractors and enemies during his time as Boris Johnson’s senior adviser.

Many Labour and Conservative MPs are delighted to see him go. “Dominic Cummings has been one of the most malign influences on the British government in modern history,” said shadow justice secretary David Lammy. “His legacy is one of bullying, deception, hypocrisy and hubris.”
Several of Cummings’ aides, including Brexit adviser Oliver Lewis and data guru Ben Warner, are reportedly considering whether they will follow their mentor and Mr Cain out the door at the end of 2020.

Like all egomaniacs, Cummings saw his time at Downing Street as the chance to reshape the system in his own image. Yet he doesn’t appear to have done much other than create a “Nasa-style” mission control hub for senior aides — amounting to a slight change in office layout.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 01:16 PM

Why politicians (and Omah, it seems) get so angry about Dominic Cummings:
https://www.marketingsociety.com/blo...minic-cummings
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
As long as Boris has been PM there has never been a "business as usual" in the party or in the country. First he had to fix Brexit and then on top of that there was the pandemic.

You just need to listen to the likes of Starmer, Lammy and Dodds to realise that if this was Labours job, nothing would be done because everything is too hard, too difficult, not possible and unachievable. We saw it with PPE which was sorted, we saw it with ICU beds, which was sorted, we saw it with track and trace, which was sorted, and now (Lammy on QT last night) was declaring how impossible it will be to roll out the vaccine across the country with the NHS. They give up as soon as they are presented with a challenge.

Labour are a party who revel in and celebrate failure, and when faced with real issues like Brexit and COVID-19 they have no alternative plan, they politicise misfortune for their own gain, they refuse to support the advice of public health England and SAGE and instead come up with their "alternatives" to divide the nation, put fear into the public and consistently changed their minds on everything.

Where is Starmers manifesto anyway ? No opposition, no opposition leadership, no opposition message here, just an extension of Corbyn protest party.

Come Christmas I hope the preparations are made for brexiteers such as Ian Duncan Smith and Steve Baker to join the ranks on the front bench. Boris has an enormous appeal because of his personality, but at the end of the day we need seriously outstanding Management capabilities and Boris (bless his heart) is a glorified journalist (although extremely clever and articulate). We need the leadership and drive from heavyweights like IDS to push the UK forward in 2021 and deliver the end state of what Johnson and Cummings started.
Im hoping you are right Bread?
One thing lnwould disagree with you on is that Boris is articulate??
Next week will give some clues l think??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Why politicians (and Omah, it seems) get so angry about Dominic Cummings:
https://www.marketingsociety.com/blo...minic-cummings
The writer of your link Zaph may well be right about Cummings
and strategy etc! but reading between the lines , he is a remainer
at heart and so, suspect in his motives?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The writer of your link Zaph may well be right about Cummings
and strategy etc! but reading between the lines , he is a remainer
at heart and so, suspect in his motives?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I too suspect so but nonetheless I thought it gave a different pov.

Isn't it strange how soo many people seem to have such extreme opinions nowadays but we see so little of the more reasonable middle ground?

Dom Cummings - I don't know the bloke so opinions are based upon media which (be honest) is no good thing in recent years especially.
He's not an MP and all that were are told about the power he allegedly wields comes from the media.
Yes he's made a public mistake or two but who hasn't?

So I can't say that I like him much or that I dislike him - and certainly not with the adoration or hatred from the extremes as seems so prevalent.
All I can really say is that I like some of his ideas and opinions.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Has Biden offered him a job do you think?
I think is may be possible that when Boris spoke with Biden a couple of days ago Jo Biden recommended to Boris that Cummins needed to go and he realised his time had come to go. Whatever, I think hope things Brexit may get a lot better from now on.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It was always the case Cummings would leave at the end of the year. He said so himself.
I wonder if he knew his days were numbered.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I hope so .....

But ..... he's so self-absorbed that he probably didn't .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-11-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
He himself said so in his blog in January so - since it seems to have been his own decision - I would have to say yes.

See my post earlier, #9 in this thread.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top