Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:01 PM

Re: U n b e l i e v a b l e !!

... I luv the typo.

I don't see the problem ... there must be as many Scots who wish Independence as there are English who'd like to give it them.

I did feel that Ms Sturgeon had a justifiable case for another referendum after the Brexit vote. Some might well prefer to hitch to the EU rather than the UK.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
... I luv the typo.

I don't see the problem ... there must be as many Scots who wish Independence as there are English who'd like to give it them.

I did feel that Ms Sturgeon had a justifiable case for another referendum after the Brexit vote. Some might well prefer to hitch to the EU rather than the UK.
As typos go, that’s a good one right enough, not deliberate I assure you ( took me a wee while to spot it tbh). No problem as far as I’m concerned either, a little bit of mutual respect is all we ask.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:52 AM

... I luv the typo.

Are you going to ignore the majority of both then that don't want Scottish independence at the hands of the SNP?

If Sturgeon had a justifiable case, so did London & are you suggesting they too vote for independence?
Or will you allow Dumfriesshire & the borders along with the Shetlands for example to remain somehow part of the UK since the majority of these do not want independence?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Are you going to ignore the majority of both then that don't want Scottish independence at the hands of the SNP?

If Sturgeon had a justifiable case, so did London & are you suggesting they too vote for independence?
Or will you allow Dumfriesshire & the borders along with the Shetlands for example to remain somehow part of the UK since the majority of these do not want independence?
That's not really an argument. Any Scottish Independence Referendum would be Scotland wide and the result would apply Scotland wide, as well you know. I would remind you that the EU referendum was UK wide and applies to all the UK, unless you're saying that Scotland can remain in the EU as every electoral district here voted to remain inc Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:37 AM

Thanks weedeek, your reply was better than anything I could do.

Zaphod does tend to get overexcited and go way beyond the remit.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
That's not really an argument. Any Scottish Independence Referendum would be Scotland wide and the result would apply Scotland wide, as well you know. I would remind you that the EU referendum was UK wide and applies to all the UK, unless you're saying that Scotland can remain in the EU as every electoral district here voted to remain inc Dumfries and Galloway and the Borders.
I am so pleased that you accept that the Brexit referendum result should apply to the whole of the UK.
Problem solved then.
Do tell Nicola Sturegeon that, won't you.

I in return remind you that Scotland had a once-in-a-lifetime referendum in 2014 - not a lifetime ago.
Once a lifetime has passed any Scottish independence referendum should indeed be Scotland-wide but it looks like you will be waiting a while.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

25-11-2020, 12:44 PM

Thanks weedeek, your reply was better than anything I could do.

Zaphod does tend to get overexcited and go way beyond the remit.
As you tend to bait other users?
You must lead a very boring life if "overexcitement" for you is stating the obvious, such as "Are you going to ignore the majority of both then that don't want Scottish independence at the hands of the SNP?"

"The remit" I should point out is Scotland and progressed from a bank to independence quite quickly.
My post then (unlike yours) was relevant and quite why you think yourself a forum moderator I don't know.

I expressed a similar view earlier in the thread concerning Scottish Independence, obviously, mine was from an English persons point of view .... but, oddly and without explanation have had my post removed.
I never realised before that there was censorship on here in favour of Scots. I absolutely apologise if I upset any Scottish people as Scottish Lives Matter.
Yes, I am been sarky ... do we have to tip toe around Scots now.
Hmmm.
The very last bit in bold there is probably your answer to the first bit in bold too.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

25-11-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I am so pleased that you accept that the Brexit referendum result should apply to the whole of the UK.
Problem solved then.
Do tell Nicola Sturegeon that, won't you.

I in return remind you that Scotland had a once-in-a-lifetime referendum in 2014 - not a lifetime ago.
Once a lifetime has passed any Scottish independence referendum should indeed be Scotland-wide but it looks like you will be waiting a while.
The point is Scotland voted to remain but is leaving against our will as England voted to leave. You know this.
The “once in lifetime” was a soundbite and ,anyway, there has been a significant shift in circumstances (Brexit etc). You know this too.
All in all, you haven’t argued anything.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

25-11-2020, 02:30 PM

The point is Scotland voted to remain but is leaving against our will as England voted to leave. You know this.
Just as you know that the terms were accepted when you took the vote.

You had long enough to argue your case after it being part of Cameron's Bloomberg speech in 2013 (before the IndyRef which you lost despite that) and then as it became the European Referendum Act in 2015.
If those determined they didn't want to partake didn't say so before, blame your boss.
It is too late after the thing's taken place.
The “once in lifetime” was a soundbite and ,anyway, there has been a significant shift in circumstances (Brexit etc). You know this too.
No it was not a soundbite as you know but won't accept.
How typically SNP, refuting facts.
But it's not up to you, me or even Sturgeon.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-54827100

See above again: you knew the possibility of a refendum way back in 2013. You can't whinge now that things have changed when you have accepted your vote, just as you can't change your mind about Boris now being PM.
It is too late now.

All in all, you haven’t argued anything.
Quite the contrary as you can see above.
It is you that have argued nothing.
What's more, the official stance says so to.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 02:45 PM

While they're taking OUR taxes the least the Scots could do is to behave themselves.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top