Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:07 PM

Re: A new tier 4

My Christmas was just cancelled because of this new tier 4 - thanks, Boris!
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:12 PM

Auckland is populated just like any UK city. Their climate is similar to UK but exactly out of phase. They got through their winter (our summer) quite well.
The difference is they have a proper leader. Acted decisively, firmly and quickly. Stopped the planes coming in early. Strict quarantine rules later.
Has an effective track and trace and all but eliminated the virus.
Admit it the main difference is our lack of leadership.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Population density.
Density of the population?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
My Christmas was just cancelled because of this new tier 4 - thanks, Boris!
What else was he supposed to do?

We've been told that hospital beds are becoming scarcer, a new strain is more infectious, numbers and rates are not on the decline, etc etc.

What choice did he have? Say "stuff it and carry on"?

I think not.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:15 PM

My sister is in Surrey tier 4 now . She was going to come to.me after boxing day for a week but weve cancelled it now . I really dont mind . It is what it is we have got to help each other
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Auckland is populated just like any UK city. Their climate is similar to UK but exactly out of phase. They got through their winter (our summer) quite well.
The difference is they have a proper leader. Acted decisively, firmly and quickly. Stopped the planes coming in early. Strict quarantine rules later.
Has an effective track and trace and all but eliminated the virus.
Admit it the main difference is our lack of leadership.
Don't deny that we've not been led as well as some other countries.

But there are a whole host of contributary parameters.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:18 PM

Folks should never have gathered pre the virus, if they did not have Christian Principals, and just wanted to party.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

We've been told that hospital beds are becoming scarcer, a new strain is more infectious, numbers and rates are not on the decline, etc etc.

I think not.
Oh, I understand why he has done it, Dex, doesn't make me feel any happier about it - I was so looking forward to seeing my friends again.

Still - it is better they stay safe - and it does mean more food and booze for me!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->

I think not.

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My sister is in Surrey tier 4 now . She was going to come to.me after boxing day for a week but weve cancelled it now . I really dont mind . It is what it is we have got to help each other
Yes, I agree.

I do wish people would stop complaining and just accept what has to be at this time.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

19-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I do wish people would stop complaining and just accept what has to be at this time.
Indeed!

It underlines just how silly all of the recent and premature "buildups" on TV/Radio/shops were. Raising everyone's hopes for weeks (months?) on end.

Seems as though we've only been asked to consider the first half of the old addage "Hope for the best...".

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top