Join for free
Page 2 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 07:51 PM

Re: Covid new strain.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You do need a very recent negative test result in order to board a plane. I hope they are testing lorry drivers in and out the UK just as frequently. It should not be spreading via air travel.

Friends who had to go to the canaries this week (to visit a dying mother) had to jump through hoops with PCR testing documentation. If it is coming here it's via the tunnel, in cars or lorries. The whole process was far more relaxed in the Summer and early Autumn which is likely when it spread here. This is despite early NHS warnings that there would be a second wave in the Autumn and that it could be worse than the first.
If what you said is required for air travel then I wonder how the Italian couple was able to fly from the UK, land in Italy, get tested at the airport and is tested positive for the new virus strain. Could this be that UK airports are not following PCR rules properly?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's very good indications that illegal entrants to the UK have played a huge role in this happening and will continue to do so.

Do you have any robust data on these "very good indications"?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
If what you said is required for air travel then I wonder how the Italian couple was able to fly from the UK, land in Italy, get tested at the airport and is tested positive for the new virus strain. Could this be that UK airports are not following PCR rules properly?
I haven't been able to find that news story. When did it happen?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:23 PM

It is now clear that although the new strain of covid was first detected in Kent it has been present and growing in other European countries for some time. It was only found by us first because of our concentration and ability and experience in gene sequencing. In fact only Denmark comes even close to this.

(All of this and more is growing from very legitimate sources on t'interweb)

Now maps are being compiled showing the spread of this awful thing and it's routes which surprises very few people.

It's emerging that Italy forms an entry route into Europe as does Spain. Paris is a hub with evidence that from Paris there is a very clear slime trail with Germany being a growing centre and suprise suprise Calais ballooning.

Then in the UK Kent becomes a waypoint and the usual illegal routes emerging from Kent with Essex and of course other pits of illegals emerging.

ALL OF THIS AND MORE IS THERE TO BE FOUND WITH A LITTLE EFFORT.

Is this not a very clear indication that the extent of people who have been breaking into this country has been grossly underestimated and that the open doors to this country MUST be sealed shut?
I did think we can't be the only country to have & discover a mutant strain, but the way people in other countries are acting it's as though we are the only country that have this.
Other countries must be keeping very quiet about it, where as we are totally open.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:36 PM

Do you have any robust data on these "very good indications"?
Do what I did. Go find the data - it's there to be found.

Here - I'll do you a favour just this once.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...vid-strain-EVG

That's your starter for ten.

Use that as a starting point and now go seek.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 08:46 PM

I haven't been able to find that news story. When did it happen?
I saw it mentioned in the BBC live feed yesterday when they were talking about the latest tier restrictions. There is a quick mention of it in this Sky news article

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...s-who-12169262

Here it is for those that do not want to click on the link

Italy's health ministry said on Monday that a couple who landed at Rome's Fiumicino airport had tested positive for the new mutation and were in quarantine.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-12-2020, 09:11 PM

There's some more detail here but very little. It says that the couple had landed in the last few days and one of them tested positive. The infected party could have picked it up in transit to the airport. The airports themselves do not look recognisable inside. There is no duty free (the shelves looked like they were covered in bin bags). I am not sure of the catering facilities and shopping for necessities. Will have to ask my friends.

So while the test document is a pre requisite it's not carried out on the day but a few days in advance. I think they have been talking about testing at the airports but I can imagine the hell a trip would be.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...traveller.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-12-2020, 09:17 PM

Do what I did. Go find the data - it's there to be found.

Here - I'll do you a favour just this once.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...vid-strain-EVG

That's your starter for ten.

Use that as a starting point and now go seek.
That article doesn't support your comment that it's coming in here from the outside mainly via illegal immigration.... let's just agree that this is just your opinion again rather than fact.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 09:25 PM

That article doesn't support your comment that it's coming in here from the outside mainly via illegal immigration.... let's just agree that this is just your opinion again rather than fact.
No my dear, you have to use it as a starter and investigate it for yourself and based on real life experiences and intelligence decide for yourself.

With practice you'll soon be able to do the same (probably/ ---- possibly)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-12-2020, 10:22 PM

No my dear, you have to use it as a starter and investigate it for yourself and based on real life experiences and intelligence decide for yourself.

With practice you'll soon be able to do the same (probably/ ---- possibly)
I'm not interested in investigating your made-up theories. If you assert something like that back it up with some respected sources. I'm sure it's out there on some conspiracy site you frequent but which would not stand up to any scrutiny here.

Page 2 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top