Join for free
Page 3 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: Covid new strain.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That article doesn't support your comment that it's coming in here from the outside mainly via illegal immigration.... let's just agree that this is just your opinion again rather than fact.
Follow Nigel Farage on twitter Annie, he actually watches and films boats full of immigrants picked up by the coastguard and deposited on the quayside in Dover, it run into thousands a week. Many more actually make the journey and land along the coast undetected.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not interested in investigating your made-up theories. If you assert something like that back it up with some respected sources. I'm sure it's out there on some conspiracy site you frequent but which would not stand up to any scrutiny here.
Is this a reliable source Annie......https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511

In 2019, some 677,000 people moved to the UK as long-term immigrants, for reasons such as work or study.

There were also 49,000 asylum applications.

As such, the 4,000 unauthorised Channel arrivals are equal to less than 1% of all immigrants last year.

I don't think having a test for the covid virus was high on their list of priorities Annie....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Follow Nigel Farage on twitter Annie, he actually watches and films boats full of immigrants picked up by the coastguard and deposited on the quayside in Dover, it run into thousands a week. Many more actually make the journey and land along the coast undetected.
Oh I see Fromage is suddenly an expert on Covid transmission? Well, he can join the rest of the country!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Is this a reliable source Annie......https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511

In 2019, some 677,000 people moved to the UK as long-term immigrants, for reasons such as work or study.

There were also 49,000 asylum applications.

As such, the 4,000 unauthorised Channel arrivals are equal to less than 1% of all immigrants last year.

I don't think having a test for the covid virus was high on their list of priorities Annie....
They are not recent arrivals OGF. The assertion was that this variant is somehow directly caused by illegals entering the country. Where's the link between the science/demographics and the variant?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:52 PM

One would assume that if the new strain was introduced predominantly by illegal immigrants, there would naturally have been outbursts all along their route corridors, with particularly enlarged expansion of growth in holding spots, such as Calais. Has France identified this as an epicentre for growth? Or has any other route country done the same?

Edit: It's been a fair old while since I studied (briefly) Malthusian models, and I look forward to anyone on here who has done so more recently
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 10:55 PM

Maybe someone extended the hand of Humanity?

Then did not sanitize.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-12-2020, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
One would assume that if the new strain was introduced predominantly by illegal immigrants, there would naturally have been outbursts all along their route corridors, with particularly enlarged expansion of growth in holding spots, such as Calais. Has France identified this as an epicentre for growth? Or has any other route country done the same?

Edit: It's been a fair old while since I studied (briefly) Malthusian models, and I look forward to anyone on here who has done so more recently
Isn't Kent a particular hotspot?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:02 PM

What is a Hotspot Not?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe someone extended the hand of Humanity?

Then did not sanitize.

Extended the hand of humanity, I hope you don’t mean, somewhere where it shouldn’t have been,😂🤣....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What is a Hotspot Not?

You been looking them words up again on google,spit,...😂🤣

Page 3 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top