Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 05:28 PM

Re: Convid Vaccine. Government playing doctor, making life and death decision

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes I think you should ask him/her.
So glad you posted that, Rox, I knew something didn’t feel right, most definitely be contacting my doc, even when I had my heart op, they had to have that information, I remember to this day what it was called “ Serenace”.treatment for severe anxiety.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 05:34 PM

I'd like to suggest that anyone and everyone who has been prosecuted for, accused or, or even warned about Covidiotic behaviour should be the very last people to be offered the vaccine.

Then, when all of us older and innocent people are sufficiently protected, the Covidiots can happily go about passing the virus to each other in their stupidity.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd like to suggest that anyone and everyone who has been prosecuted for, accused or, or even warned about Covidiotic behaviour should be the very last people to be offered the vaccine.

Then, when all of us older and innocent people are sufficiently protected, the Covidiots can happily go about passing the virus to each other in their stupidity.
That is the one shining star of the media I have liked where they have reported on the deaths of convidiots, people who publicly advocated that the virus was a hoax or that they refused to do what was asked of them because it interfered with their human rights then subsequently catching the virus and die.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
That is the one shining star of the media I have liked where they have reported on the deaths of convidiots, people who publicly advocated that the virus was a hoax or that they refused to do what was asked of them because it interfered with their human rights then subsequently catching the virus and die.
Me too, though I have yet to see one unfortunately.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 05:51 PM

By the time I become due to receive a vaccine (March at the earliest) I think there will have been a sufficient number of recipients for me to be assured that any adverse reaction would be most unlikely. In addition, I have no known allergies.

For that reason, I shall gratefully accept any vaccine offered.
Same here. I'd rather go down fighting for the common good than staying behind in the trenches banging a drum whilst singing Onward Christian Soldiers.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 06:00 PM

Does anyone know why it needs a trained medical professional to inject the virus? After all, there are plenty of other people (eg diabetics) who perform injections every day. It would surely be entirely possible to train up a load of regular folk, with a small number of admin people and a couple of experienced supervisors. This would surely increase turnover.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-01-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Does anyone know why it needs a trained medical professional to inject the virus? After all, there are plenty of other people (eg diabetics) who perform injections every day. It would surely be entirely possible to train up a load of regular folk, with a small number of admin people and a couple of experienced supervisors. This would surely increase turnover.
I'm a diabetic and perform my own intradermal injections every day. In fact, I inject into subcutaneous fat.

I'm sure that (assuming I could find a less-fatty area - the anterior surface of my thigh for example, and with a long enough needle) I could inject the vaccine into a muscle quite easily.

The reason why it should be done by, or under the supervision of, a medically qualified person is the possibility of a reaction of some sort.

Whilst this is a rare possibility, the people involved should cover themselves legally.

I mean, would you be able to deal with a person having an anaphylactic shock?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-01-2021, 06:12 PM

I'm a diabetic and perform my own intradermal injections every day. In fact, I inject into subcutaneous fat.

I'm sure that (assuming I could find a less-fatty area - the anterior surface of my thigh for example, and with a long enough needle) I could inject the vaccine into a muscle quite easily.

The reason why it should be done by, or under the supervision of, a medically qualified person is the possibility of a reaction of some sort.

Whilst this is a rare possibility, the people involved should cover themselves legally.

I mean, would you be able to deal with a person having an anaphylactic shock?
Hence why there'd be a couple of supervisors around for the hopefully small number of problems.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It's to do with insurance. People can have adverse reactions to injections and as such the person administrating the injection is supposed to find out a bit of background on the persons medical history and make a judgement call based on their medical experience if the injection should go ahead or not.

Due to this, anyone involved in giving injections to other people have to be covered by liability insurance and as a result of this, the insurance companies specify that the person giving the injection must be medically qualified or have a medical background (another word for experience).

I am sure there are many qualified medical personnel out there who know that there are many non medical people who have what it takes to give injections to people but it is the insurance companies who dictate who can and cannot give injections if people want to be approved for liability insurance.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-01-2021, 06:33 PM

Dodge (and JBR), I take your point about insurance and liability. My thinking was that the admin staff woul be able to take in info, shove it into a computer and get relevant details about dosage and suitability. The supervisors would be able to deal with those.

Personally, I'd have no problem being injected by anybody who has the knowhow and a bit of training. Guess I'm in the minority.

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top