Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:07 PM

Re: Taking down Decs

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
My Christmas decorations consist of four Xmas cards on my windowsill. Tradition dictates that I leave them there until mid March, when I will replace them with four birthday cards. The birthday cards will probably stay on the windowsill for a similar length of time. For anyone interested in tradition, this one came about out of an inability to be bothered to take them down.
I'm pleased to hear you are keeping these age old traditions going Harbal. Good man.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 06:06 PM

Just spent three hours taking down decs, boxing them up and putting them back in the loft. tomorrow I tackle the tree and which lives in a large bag in the shed at the end of the garden. Definitely more enjoyable putting the decs up.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Tradition dictates we should be taking down our decs tonight ,as it is twelfth night .
Well you know what ,I am not going to to , those pretty lights , ,cards And all else , have frankly kept me going over this period where I could not see my darling family .
Mine are not coming down till Candlemas February 2nd ,blow tradition ,these are truely horrible times we are in .
What say you ?

I’ve taken all of mine down, left my lights up though,my neighbour is like you, she keeps her decorations up for ages.

Have you been on YouTube, there is one guy who has Christmas decorations up all year round, he has his own special room and it’s beautiful, he says he goes there when he’s feeling down, I can’t remember his name, as you could have visited his channel.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’ve taken all of mine down, left my lights up though,my neighbour is like you, she keeps her decorations up for ages.

Have you been on YouTube, there is one guy who has Christmas decorations up all year round, he has his own special room and it’s beautiful, he says he goes there when he’s feeling down, I can’t remember his name, as you could have visited his channel.
I don"t know whether I would go that far Pauline , but the pretty fairy light are not coming down till 2/2.21. # they cheer me up no end TBh.
lol,lol
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 10:33 PM

My fairy lights are staying up all year round,APRICOT,....I need brightness in my life, I’m even going to order some spring garlands and wreaths to put up.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:05 AM

A few of the neighbours have left the lights up. Apparently if you do not take down decs on 5th Jan then you should leave them up all year to avoid bad luck. Otherwise the goblins will make your milk go sour....

It's amazing how many confirmed atheists believe this wholeheartedly!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My fairy lights are staying up all year round,APRICOT,....I need brightness in my life, I’m even going to order some spring garlands and wreaths to put up.
I'm getting some shares in a battery manufacturer....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:15 AM

I mentioned earlier that I had taken my decorations down after Boxing Day.

When I arrived home a couple of days ago I realised that I had forgotten to take a Christmas wreath and bells off the front door. Mind you that was easily rectified but I had gone in and out for nearly a fortnight without noticing.

I was a bit disappointed to receive four more Christmas cards from overseas today. They were all posted in early December from the UK, Sweden and USA. This virus is even messing with the post. I say disappointed purely because they took over a month to arrive I was actually very pleased to get them at all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-02-2021, 01:25 AM

Of course today (Candlemas) is the official end of the Christmas period and when people in some countries finally remove their decorations. It's also groundhog day.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:41 AM

We have a string of lights spiralling around a long curtain pole. They were put up for Christmas a few years ago but we like them so left them there. Sometimes switch them on at any time of year.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top