Join for free
Page 13 of 52 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 07:39 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Better check your facts about what happend this new year.
Well somebody had to take it out of China and spread it in almost every country of the world.....

And due to the speed of the spread, it wasn't just the odd person. It was spread on an industrial scale....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well somebody had to take it out of China and spread it in almost every country of the world.....

And due to the speed of the spread, it wasn't just the odd person. It was spread on an industrial scale....
Thing is that if there is a thing that has a latency of many days between infection and identification but most of that time the ability to be highly infectious then following the exponential curve and close proximity to potential hosts just one infectious person could (did) infect many hosts who then unintentionally infected the next cycle of transmission.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 09:25 PM

Thing is that if there is a thing that has a latency of many days between infection and identification but most of that time the ability to be highly infectious then following the exponential curve and close proximity to potential hosts just one infectious person could (did) infect many hosts who then unintentionally infected the next cycle of transmission.
Sorry Todger, I just can't believe that in just four weeks one person could spread the virus to the four corners of the Earth.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry Todger, I just can't believe that in just four weeks one person could spread the virus to the four corners of the Earth.....
That's the bugger with polynomials, they're not always intuitive.

Have a look at pareto curves.

That or the chess board example. I grain of rice on sq 1, 2 on sq 2, 4 on sq 3, 8 on sq 4 and so on.

You'll need a shed load of rice.

One good bit of knowledge has emerged out of this though.

We now understand why the Chinese don't play cricket.

They eat the bats -------
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
ok point taken, i should have made it clearer i was talking about that i wont buy clothes from china. I will always check reviews for clothes adverts that come up on facebook because i'm suspicious ofvthem all now. That was what i was referring to.

I'm really angry with the chinese government for trying to gag that poor doctor who before he died was trying to warn the world about this virus, they are not to be trusted.

i dislike the chinese culture, they are horrible race who see nothing wrong with cruelty to animals and think nothing of eating them alive. Its wrong.

Am i supposed to think that its ok that they have caused terror around the world by starting a world pandemic, eat live animals and other things just because they make tvs and are good at technology?

im sure we could buy those things from other countries.

I watch border force and the amount of chinese people who are trying to sneak in prohibited food and wierd stuff that could cause disease to australia tells me they just dont give a crap as long as they can bring in what they like.

Start a war with them? Well they certainly started an invisible war with the rest of the world didn't they.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 11:06 PM

That's the bugger with polynomials, they're not always intuitive.
I think people are more au fait with the concept of the Normal Distribution ("bell") curve.

Without going too much into the details of it, it basically involves an exponential growth which reaches a peak and then becomes an exponential decay. The name of the game here is to try and control the standard deviation so as to "widen" and hence "flatten" it out.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2020, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I dislike the chinese culture, they are horrible race who see nothing wrong with cruelty to animals and think nothing of eating them alive.

Yet, strangely, the Chinese immigrant population of the UK seem to cause no problems and largely keep to themselves.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 06:11 AM

Hi

We need the Chinese for all sorts of things.

As regards their habits.

Cows are vegetarian.

The UK fed them dead sheep and caused BSE.

We have a problem now with wear plates for agricultural implements, it is creating a huge problem as they are largely made in China.

We are part of a global economy, we rely on others and this is something we cannot change quickly.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We need the Chinese for all sorts of things.

As regards their habits.

Cows are vegetarian.

The UK fed them dead sheep and caused BSE.

We have a problem now with wear plates for agricultural implements, it is creating a huge problem as they are largely made in China.

We are part of a global economy, we rely on others and this is something we cannot change quickly.
So now you're defending communist China's human rights, workers rights and animal rights. Why should that matter to a principled man like you, when really, its all about the cheap tractor parts

#faultyopinions
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
So now you're defending communist China's human rights, workers rights and animal rights. Why should that matter to a principled man like you, when really, its all about the cheap tractor parts

#faultyopinions

Hi

Simply stating the facts.

We trade with many countries who have appalling human rights.

Neither is it about cheap tractor parts.

It is a very busy time in farming and they need the wear parts or they cannot work the fields.

We no longer manufacture them ourselves and that is the problem.

Page 13 of 52 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top