Join for free
Page 4 of 52 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 11:34 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A lot of people drink their own urine au naturale as it is. Unless you've got a dose of something or such as an NSU (not the motorbike) or infection it should be sterile.
A quite famous Indian PM, I believe it was a disciple of Ghandi - Morarj Desai - certainly did.
Some even eat their own baby’s placenta.....some like it fried.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 11:53 PM

We should also be aware of the anti-China propoganda that is being spread as their influence in world trade expands. As for the CCP, check with Karl Marx about that! They've got almost as many billionaires as the USA.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 12:02 AM

Two things.

1. Maybe others here... usually those that pick and choose bits of posts to ridicule and ignore other bits. I think you know who you are... are talking about "punishing" China. I'm not. I don't think I could have made my previous post any clearer as to what I'm talking about. I just think we need to change our fatalistic "lay down and accept it" view of the inevitability of China's dominance over everything. They are not the only country that can build giant engineering projects. What ever happened to the great British tradition of confidence in heavy engineering??

2. China is taking advantage of the West's current obsession with political correctness.

3 Bruce you might find with a little surreptitious research that "Assman" has more than one meaning.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
We should also be aware of the anti-China propoganda that is being spread as their influence in world trade expands. As for the CCP, check with Karl Marx about that! They've got almost as many billionaires as the USA.
HI CM! how's life?

As I said I think many of the articles, essays and journal reports on the current operation of the CCP are a lot more than just propaganda. They are well based in fact and solid research. Sure there's more billionaires in China than the US now I think. And Communist?..Not that I am one myself by any means but they are about as Communist as Donald Trump. It's just a BS term.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

3 Bruce you might find with a little surreptitious research that "Assman" has more than one meaning.
Neither he nor I are from the USA.
keezoy
Australia

02-04-2020, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Neither he nor I are from the USA.
Yes thanks for that Bruce. I know this. But some others here are. But no never mind. IT was a tongue in cheek quip hence the smiley face. But if it offended you, my apologies.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A lot of people drink their own urine au naturale as it is. Unless you've got a dose of something or such as an NSU (not the motorbike) or infection it should be sterile.
A quite famous Indian PM, I believe it was a disciple of Ghandi - Morarj Desai - certainly did.
Sarah Miles (actress) allegedly drinks her own urine 'for health reasons' - but - it seems the medics do not actually agree on it's benefits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic...2-809a1da4c1eb
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 09:47 AM

I am aware a lot of work is being done into counteracting emerging zoonotic virus of which there have been a number over recent years as a growing world population encroaches on natural habitats and novel sources of food are eaten by humans. One virus has a 90% fatality rate.

On the resent David Attenborough series one episode showed where large areas of forest had been cut down and an ariel view showed tiny strips of a remaining forest with animals marooned from the rest of their kind and forced into areas habited by humans into which they would not normally have ventured.

We humans have spoiled large areas of our world, perhaps nature is taking its revenge on our lack of care..
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 10:11 AM

The Chinese are playing a very dangerous game here, personally, I'd just nuke them, but that's just me. However, that Kim Jong nutter in North Korea has said he will not have the virus in his country, and interestingly enough there's been no reports of the virus in that country, now that's probably more to do with the fact that he's suppressing news rather than there not being any cases in his country. However, given the fact that he's a total nutter, remember not only at one point did he threaten Russia, but also the United States, I can just see him kicking it of with China if anything does happen.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
However, given the fact that he's a total nutter, remember not only at one point did he threaten Russia, but also the United States, I can just see him kicking it of with China if anything does happen.
North Korea relies strongly on China's political support. Why else do you think other countries haven't attacked it?

Page 4 of 52 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top