Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:04 AM

Re: Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street by Christmas

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Be careful, Mags. You might get reported!!

I would call it an obsession!
Well, some people bake, some people dance, some people are obsessed by appearance - I happen to dislike nasty pieces of work like Dominic "The Dome" Cummings .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, some people bake, some people dance, some people are obsessed by appearance - I happen to dislike nasty pieces of work like Dominic "The Dome" Cummings .....
Ciummings wins referendums and elections
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:14 PM

Pity he’s gone, he was good for the SNP. Still, we’ve still got Boris, Brexit etc.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I rather think that some are overestimating the influence Biden can have on our Politics.

Cummings was a liability after his Covid Trip.
For once we agree.

Both of the above are however constructs or exaggerations of the media in their determination to influence opinion.
It's time media started reporting again and stopped manufacturing deliberate misinformation.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Pity he’s gone, he was good for the SNP. Still, we’ve still got Boris, Brexit etc.
Aye right.
Remind us which parts of Scotland voted Tory in the last GE?
Oh look, Dumfriesshire was one of them.
You're not representative of your area.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:27 PM

Article here of interest. Apologies for surrounding ads, I had to turn my adblocker off to gain access to article.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/domi...86?ITO=newsnow
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ciummings wins referendums and elections
Also, even though we seem to be buying into Cummings "leaving", I feel sure that what we're seeing is a political, sooth-saying gesture,

My bet is that Cummings will now carry (no pun) on working, from outside, by meeting with, and advising, Boris via Phone, on-line discussions, etc.

Perhaps those working to kick him out will have a Pyrric victory?

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Also, even though we seem to be buying into Cummings "leaving", I feel sure that what we're seeing is a political, sooth-saying gesture,

My bet is that Cummings will now carry (no pun) on working, from outside, by meeting with, and advising, Boris via Phone, on-line discussions, etc.

Perhaps those working to kick him out will have a Pyrric victory?

You think he will do this for free out of the goodness of his heart?
Zaphod
Lincs UK

14-11-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What has that got to do with anything?

I'm pretty sure that some form of employment conract will have been in place so you can be reasonably sure that this will be why he is supposedly WFH - and a few places detail some of the things he is allegedly still working on & yet to complete.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
IMO, The Dome WOULD do something for free if he wanted to - he's no stranger to personal wealth - he is married to Mary Wakefield, deputy editor of The Spectator and daughter of Sir Edward Humphry Tyrrel Wakefield, a baronet who owns Chillingham Castle in Northumberland - he lives in a luxurious £1.6 million townhouse in the heart of Islington and is is co-owner, with his parents, of a farm that has received €250,000 (£235,000) in EU farming subsidies. Additionally, as we know, he has a large network of friends in "business" who owe him favours .....

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top