Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 07:24 PM

Re: U n b e l i e v a b l e !!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There a great many assumptions in that list. Not least the value as marketable items, oil being one, timber as another, natural gas another, and as for fish -- Then there's the extent of territorial waters --- .

It's cloud cuckoo stuff.
Nicola keeps feeding the gullible lies.
I'm never quite sure if the devout supporters are simply so thick that they actually believe it, or if they can actually manage basic arithmetic etc. and know that it's lies - but they like trolling?
Because we know it's one of the two.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Nicola keeps feeding the gullible lies.
I'm never quite sure if the devout supporters are simply so thick that they actually believe it, or if they can actually manage basic arithmetic etc. and know that it's lies - but they like trolling?
Because we know it's one of the two.
^^^^ Yus.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I'm never quite sure if the devout supporters are simply so thick that they actually believe it

Nail Head Hit
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Nail Head Hit
Oh hello! Wondered where you were. Hope your well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:20 PM

If Scotland had to survive on what it could earn in the export market and the taxes that it could raise as an independant nation -- it couldn't.
Originally Posted by weedeek ->
34% of UKs natural wealth
90% of UKs fresh water
26% of UKs renewable energy generation
90% of UKs hydropower
62% of UKs offshore maritime area
96% of UKs crude oil
63% of UKs natural gas
60% of UKs timber production
70% of UKs fish landings
25% of Europe’s offshore wind resources
25% of Europe’s tidal energy resources
10% of Europe’s wave power potential

I think we’ll be ok.
Okay ... can someone explain to me please why, if Scotland is so rich in wealth and resources .... how come via the Barnett Formula the Scots are susbsidised by the English taxpayer?
It sounds an unfair system to me .... unless I am mistaken.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Okay ... can someone explain to me please why, if Scotland is so rich in wealth and resources .... how come via the Barnett Formula the Scots are susbsidised by the English taxpayer?
It sounds an unfair system to me .... unless I am mistaken.
I’m merely pointing out that Scotland is capable of governing itself. Tax from all the nations are pooled, nobody subsidies anyone. Having said that, it is an old system struggling in different times. If we achieve independence, you needn’t worry about it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:02 PM

I’m merely pointing out that Scotland is capable of governing itself. Tax from all the nations are pooled, nobody subsidies anyone*. Having said that, it is an old system struggling in different times. If we achieve independence, you needn’t worry about it.
PMSL laughing!

It's not US who should be worried!

* The Barnett formula indicates otherwise.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

25-11-2020, 11:22 PM

PMSL laughing!

It's not US who should be worried!

* The Barnett formula indicates otherwise.
Aye well, no point trading insults, we’re getting nowhere. Let’s get through Covid first and cross swords then. Keep well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-11-2020, 11:40 PM

Aye well, no point trading insults, we’re getting nowhere. Let’s get through Covid first and cross swords then. Keep well.
What insults?

No, really - exchanging strong opinions and examining them surely isn't insults?

But I certainly agree about covid because noises are coming across the Atlantic that the AstraZenica jollop might not make the cut. It could be just American bias but ----

https://www.wired.com/story/the-astr...t-up-to-snuff/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 12:07 AM

Or sour grapes from across the Atlantic ....

Yesterday the other contender Moderna admitted that their vaccine whilst 'preventing symptoms' might not prevent the one vaccinated from transmitting Covid to an unvaccinated person.

Ergo: it might just make people asymptomatic.
I guess the implication there might be that the benefit of any vaccination programme is lessened/negligible until the entire population has received the vaccine, which will be years rather than months ?

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top