Join for free
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:37 PM

Re: A new tier 4

And expect..........
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And expect..........
er, prepare for.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:43 PM

Nowts changed except the message.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nowts changed except the message.
Does that come with a bottle?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-12-2020, 11:54 PM

Hopefully.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 11:57 PM

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:09 AM

I can appreciate what Boris is trying to do and it's not easy when a large portion of the public do not give a damn and will do as they please. He knows businesses are struggling so what does he do, he gives them a lifeline by saying a large portion of shops can open BUT that in doing so, it relies on the public to adhere to the advise on social distancing, mask wearing and washing hands where possible.

I am in tier 4 and it sucks that I cannot spend it with my family because of others who ignored advise and let the virus spread. Shops have tried their best to adhere to the rules but many haven't. The biggest problem is that they refuse to police their own shop. I've seen it personally, every shop where i live has a hand sanitizing station at the entrance to the shop and hardly anybody uses them. I've actually purposely stood in the high street with a cup of tea looking at people entering shops and hardly anyone uses the sanitizing stations or wears a mask. I've been in food shops where a person not wearing a mask has been coughing all over the place and the store staff do nothing about it. People touch stuff with their bare hands then put it back, again, going against the shops advice which is to only pick something up if you intend to buy it (the virus can stay on surfaces and objects for 3 days).

Many blamed hospitality for the increase in infections but that can't be the case this time as hospitality has been closed but yet infection rates are rising and hospital beds are filling up with convid positive patients. So if hospitality is closed down, how is the virus still spreading so rapidly. Could it be that many people have got fed up of the restrictions placed on them and thus ignoring the rules and thus spreading the virus? Being in tier 3 was supposed to help ease the spread of the virus but it has only made it worst. Now businesses are going to bare the brunt of it again. How many more businesses are going to close down because they are not able to operate.

The ball is firmly in the publics court, if they adhere to the advice and stick to the rules, the virus cannot spread but if the public ignore the rules and advice, the virus will spread.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:28 AM

Spot on Dodge.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Spot on Dodge.
Agree. Especially his final paragraph.

Too many people look for loopholes in the regs which they can play with.

If everybody organised their shopping properly to help limit how often they went out and had contact with others, and played by the rules, we wouldn't be in the state we're in now.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Agree. Especially his final paragraph.

Too many people look for loopholes in the regs which they can play with.

If everybody organised their shopping properly to help limit how often they went out and had contact with others, and played by the rules, we wouldn't be in the state we're in now.
I know! It's beyond words what people are doing isn't it, without any thought how their actions affect others. Anything to rebel against authority I expect. Don't they realise that's not what it's about?

BTW Dex, my memory has failed, haven't we been under more restrictions up this way, compared to the rest of the UK, since July?

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top