Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 06:37 PM

Re: Convid Vaccine. Government playing doctor, making life and death decision

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Dodge (and JBR), I take your point about insurance and liability. My thinking was that the admin staff woul be able to take in info, shove it into a computer and get relevant details about dosage and suitability. The supervisors would be able to deal with those.

Personally, I'd have no problem being injected by anybody who has the knowhow and a bit of training. Guess I'm in the minority.
At this point in time I think many health professionals would agree with you because it will help relieve pressure off medical staff but unfortunately the insurance companies would not agree with you.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
At this point in time I think many health professionals would agree with you because it will help relieve pressure off medical staff but unfortunately the insurance companies would not agree with you.
Fair enough. Guess that signing a waiver wouldn't cut the mustard?

Anyway, doesn't matter; your explanations make total sense and I ain't going to argue the case any further.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 05:54 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/co...rd-astrazeneca

'The Prime Minister has ordered a review of the review bureaucracy'

He doesn’t need a review but should simply issue a command that all volunteers need to be able to give jabs is proof of where and in what capacity they last worked in the NHS and that should be all that needs checking.

Indeed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:35 AM

Gap between Pfizer vaccine doses should be halved, say doctors

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

Senior doctors are calling on England's chief medical officer to cut the gap between the first and second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.

Prof Chris Whitty said extending the maximum wait from three to 12 weeks was a "public health decision" to get the first jab to more people across the UK.

But the British Medical Association said that was "difficult to justify" and should be changed to six weeks.

It comes as early evidence suggests the UK virus variant may be more deadly.

The World Health Organization has recommended a gap of four weeks between doses - to be extended only in exceptional circumstances to six weeks.

The Department of Health and Social Care said the decision to extend the maximum gap between doses for both the Oxford and Pfizer vaccines "followed a thorough review of the data and was in line with the recommendations of the UK's four chief medical officers".
Given the current unpredictability of vaccine supplies, any shortfall when the second dose is due could threaten the immunity program, producing a "spike" or even a "fourth wave" of cases.

Fears over Covid vaccine supplies as rate drops

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...rops-r9f5vs9k2

Ministers are increasingly concerned about the pace of the coronavirus vaccine rollout after a reduction in the supply of Pfizer-Biontech jabs.

The number of people receiving their first dose on Monday fell for the third day in a row to 204,076 from a high of 324,000 on Friday.

Pfizer said supplies of vaccine would be lower this month and next because it was upgrading its factory in Belgium before increasing production in March.
Vaccine rationed to north amid national supply issues, reports say

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1790773.html

Vaccine supplies sent to the North East and Yorkshire are to be rationed because the region is ahead of others in getting the coronavirus jab out, it has been reported.

Deliveries to GP practices in the area – one of seven English NHS regions – will be halved from 200,000 doses to 100,000 next week, according to the Health Service Journal.

It comes amid growing controversy that many over 80s in the south have still not been called for their innoculation, while GPs in the North East and Yorkshire are already starting to move onto lower age brackets.

It is not clear if supplies will also be slashed to the patch’s hospitals and mass vaccination hubs – such as the Centre for Life in Newcastle – but, given it is GP practices that administer the majority of jabs, the known reduction will come as a major blow.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:15 PM

Lots of hate regarding the government not only getting the vaccines approved in record time, way ahead of anyone else in the world but also implementing the vaccine rollout and performing over 5 million jabs in the first month.

The decision to defer the second jab by 3 months is a sensible one, made by experts and and the companies that designed and manufactured them. This is to make sure that situations where, for example, a couple living together may have the elder patient being 100% vaccinated while their partner is still 100% vulnerable. At least with a single dose each, they both have up to 70% protection instead.

This "delay" is what is actually what is termed as the "vaccination interval" which has been "extended" rather than "delayed". Thats just media BS and hate speak from idiots that want to obstruct saving lives and put their personal political opinion before that of the national interest.

The second vaccination dose is to increase immunity and there is no clinical evidence that contradicts this, even though there is no trial data to support it. It just means that this interval was not part of the trial, it doesn't mean it doesn't work, that is also utter bollcks.

By the end of next week around 8 million people will be vaccinated, let's celebrate where we are please.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:25 PM

It reminds me of the "herd immunity", anti-lockdown and anti-mask stance that changed once lives were lost.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:19 PM

Hi

I simply do not understand the Covid Deniers and those who will refuse the vaccine.

I have been in and out of hospital for months, heart problems. not covid.

I have spent most of my hospital time in ICU or High Dependancy Units.

I have seen the effects of Covid, heard people die

It is not nice knowing the one opposite and the one next to you are dead and seeing the bodies being wheeled out.

It is not just the oldies, both were younger than me.

No vaccine, no treatment is my simple solution, it would concentrate minds.

Putting NHS Staff and others at risk is very selfish.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Gap between Pfizer vaccine doses should be halved, say doctors

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

Given the current unpredictability of vaccine supplies, any shortfall when the second dose is due could threaten the immunity program, producing a "spike" or even a "fourth wave" of cases.

Fears over Covid vaccine supplies as rate drops

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...rops-r9f5vs9k2

Vaccine rationed to north amid national supply issues, reports say

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1790773.html
Blame the media, they are the ones messing with the mindset of the British public. Doctors up and down the country have always stated that roll out of the vaccine should be done in line with Pfizer original specification which is 21 days.

As for the actual roll out of the vaccine, again it is the media who are making it into a competition as to which parts of the UK are vaccinating their area the fastest.

The government, the vaccine makes, the NHS, doctors and nurses, they are all doing their best in trying to get the vaccines to people and all of this is being compounded by the media stirring things up with the intent of making trouble for all those concerned with the hope that the public retaliate because you know what, it all makes for good news, news that the media companies can sell.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
As for the actual roll out of the vaccine, again it is the media who are making it into a competition as to which parts of the UK are vaccinating their area the fastest.
I haven't seen any league tables .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I haven't seen any league tables .....

There's loads about you just need to look.

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top