Join for free
Page 12 of 48 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 01:52 PM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Are a bunch of conspiracy theorists really able to undermine the running of an entire country. For Trumps claim of election fraud to have any credibility, it would require everyone involved in vote counting to remain schtum and deliberately hide/lie about the real outcome. Is this possible? Maybe before online social media was available and when the only real way of getting something out in the public domain was via journalists who were willing to listen and report. Nowadays, this is simply not possible.
I do think postal voting can add another dimension to fraud Dex, there are many reasons why votes could get mislaid, and not always intentionally.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not at all Pauline, I think he has gone too far this time.
I don't really care what politicians get up to in their own time, (within reason of course) but I can see how adultery would upset a woman and make him public enemy number one...

Have you ever watched him closely OGF,? On camera, there are body experts who have done this to him, I find it fascinating, you can tell a lot about a person by watching their body language, I don’t mean deep intimate stuff....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I do think postal voting can add another dimension to fraud Dex, there are many reasons why votes could get mislaid, and not always intentionally.

Definitely and we would never know, that’s my opinion.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I wouldn't mind, but American spellings seem to be becoming more commonplace over here in the centre of the universe, certainly among the less educated.

I can't imagine why!
Ecky Thump! Neever can I, old lad!

We ave to shurrup!:

or else!

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Definitely and we would never know, that’s my opinion.
Precisely. There will always be mishaps, but it is an entirely different matter to claim that these were not mishaps at all and that there was a deliberate conspiracy.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-01-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Precisely. There will always be mishaps, but it is an entirely different matter to claim that these were not mishaps at all and that there was a deliberate conspiracy.

...i. agree......crikey, that makes a change,
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:51 PM

Trump HAS been robbed. America will now suffer because of it.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Pity Trump didn't practice what he preached... "The first duty of government is to ensure domestic tranquility and defend the life, property, and rights of its citizens."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...inal-violence/

He personally instigated armed insurrectionists to attack the Capitol. He is an excrescence on the American nation, and a madman, to boot. Even his own political party want rid of him and are contemplating using the 25th to do so. Waaay overdue, but of course it took the Republicans this long to grow a backbone.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-01-2021, 03:22 PM

I know very little, in fact nothing about what’s going on in America, only what I have read.

My question is......why hasn’t Mr Trump addressed these rioters.....and asked for peace and calm, to respect the vote and leave with dignity and respect, not just for himself, but for all of America.

Or does he want to go down in History?....be remembered for this, in the most undignified manner......just my thoughts.

Edit to add, people have died because of this, valuable human life has been lost.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I know very little, in fact nothing about what’s going on in America, only what I have read.

My question is......why hasn’t Mr Trump addressed these rioters.....and asked for peace and calm, to respect the vote and leave with dignity and respect, not just for himself, but for all of America.

Or does he want to go down in History?....be remembered for this, in the most undignified manner......just my thoughts.

Edit to add, people have died because of this, valuable human life has been lost.
Pauline, he did respond to the event, but it was weak and too late. He basically told everyone just to go home. The speech fell entirely to short by failing to condemn the rioters.

The good news is that as of late last night, the Federal Bureau of Investigation had posted on its website a request for information that would identify those who had stormed the capitol. Even better, Republicans are likewise working to identify those involved. No one is going to let this slide.

I thought the statements made by our allies in response to yeserday's events were excellent. This whole incident has me and others both angry and embarrassed. I hope my party is the most rigorous in going after these thugs.

Page 12 of 48 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top