Join for free
Page 42 of 48 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 06:33 PM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by galty ->
There was another one today, is this just the tip of the iceberg?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...IwAR3OGghglrU2
To be honest Galty, I think that both sides are as guilty as each other - this is not an exclusive Trump supporter issue.

Biden said he was going to unite the country, so far he has increased divisions and poured petrol on the fire by heckling the republicans - riots are as much to blame for the BLM and far left mob, the ones he supported in Detroit and Chicago and the ones who were rioting that Harris said was "a movement" as they destroyed public property and people were killed. During the 2020 election it was Obama telling democrats that if they speak with their neighbours and they are republicans then they need to "get in their face"... hardly the caring left....

Anyway, time will tell, I just hope that next week goes smoothly or it will be the beginning of civil war. What Biden needs to realise is that 10 million more people voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016 and if he thinks impeaching him on BS charges and having Pelosi grandstanding and calling all the names under the sun is the "right thing to do" he is seriously misjudging the mood of the nation.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
To be honest Galty, I think that both sides are as guilty as each other - this is not an exclusive Trump supporter issue.

Biden said he was going to unite the country, so far he has increased divisions and poured petrol on the fire by heckling the republicans - riots are as much to blame for the BLM and far left mob, the ones he supported in Detroit and Chicago and the ones who were rioting that Harris said was "a movement" as they destroyed public property and people were killed. During the 2020 election it was Obama telling democrats that if they speak with their neighbours and they are republicans then they need to "get in their face"... hardly the caring left....

Anyway, time will tell, I just hope that next week goes smoothly or it will be the beginning of civil war. What Biden needs to realise is that 10 million more people voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016 and if he thinks impeaching him on BS charges and having Pelosi grandstanding and calling all the names under the sun is the "right thing to do" he is seriously misjudging the mood of the nation.
Think the 'Brexit Referendum'.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:15 AM

Interesting reading the last two day's posts. I have friends in the US both pro and anti-Trump. I would not say the anti-Trump friends are in any way "left-wing", they just think he's a dick who has disgraced the US's reputation around the world.

What happened at Capitol Hill was shocking because for many around the it's like the equivalent of the Vatican being invaded. It's the global sanctum of democracy. So although there were terrible demos in the Summer, this one event is far more shocking and therefore more likely to result in serious recriminations.

The impeachment is a drama that some seem to need. Riding the back of a shocking event. Ultimately many politicos want to punish Trump for dividing the country and for acting like a dick. Some want heads to roll for losing their own four years ago.

I like Biden because he's a gent. I can't see a tape of him talking of grabbing pussy circulating. He lost most of his family in a tragedy and then has rebuilt his life. That deserves some respect. Many around the world are relieved to have someone normal in charge.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Interesting reading the last two day's posts. I have friends in the US both pro and anti-Trump. I would not say the anti-Trump friends are in any way "left-wing", they just think he's a dick who has disgraced the US's reputation around the world.

What happened at Capitol Hill was shocking because for many around the it's like the equivalent of the Vatican being invaded. It's the global sanctum of democracy. So although there were terrible demos in the Summer, this one event is far more shocking and therefore more likely to result in serious recriminations.

The impeachment is a drama that some seem to need. Riding the back of a shocking event. Ultimately many politicos want to punish Trump for dividing the country and for acting like a dick. Some want heads to roll for losing their own four years ago.

I like Biden because he's a gent. I can't see a tape of him talking of grabbing pussy circulating. He lost most of his family in a tragedy and then has rebuilt his life. That deserves some respect. Many around the world are relieved to have someone normal in charge.

I've never seen an incoming president celebrate with so much hate and spite.

As for your man Biden check out what he did to his staffers and blowing on young girls hair, and then there is the children he likes stroking his hairy legs

Yeah right Annie ... Biden is deffo your man
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:24 AM

Good post, Annie . There are plenty of Republicans who supported Trump's policies but have been concerned about his behavior and character from day one. I was done with him the night he mocked the reporter with cerebral palsy.

However, Biden is no saint, Annie. He has been accused of inappropriate sexual advances and making multiple inappropriate comments about and interactions with children. His present marriage to Jill was the result of an affair while she was still married.

Then there were the multiple incidents of plagiarism, one of which caused him to withdraw from an earlier presidential bid including appropriating the speech of British Labor party leader Neil Kinnock, another when he was in law school, a few others when in campaign speeches. He was also caught lying about his credentials in town hall meeting. Then there are concerns regarding his possible link to his son's dealings with Russia and Ukraine.

President-elect Biden presents himself well, and he has been elected, so we have to respect him as the President, but he will have to be watched like a hawk.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:31 AM

He's not my man bread he just isn't a dick that's all. The USA does not want a class A dick in charge. I mean there's a certain level of dickdom Hollywood fake feelgood facade with any US election. The saccharine fawning and lab manufactured smiles always abound. They like their fireworks and tickertape parades. But there's a level of dick that crosses the line into being a national embarrassment. Biden is not a dick that will embarrass the country. That's all people want, normality.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-01-2021, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good post, Annie . There are plenty of Republicans who supported Trump's policies but have been concerned about his behavior and character from day one. I was done with him the night he mocked the reporter with cerebral palsy.

However, Biden is no saint, Annie. He has been accused of inappropriate sexual advances and making multiple inappropriate comments about and interactions with children. His present marriage to Jill was the result of an affair while she was still married.

Then there were the multiple incidents of plagiarism, one of which caused him to withdraw from an earlier presidential bid including appropriating the speech of British Labor party leader Neil Kinnock, another when he was in law school, a few others when in campaign speeches. He was also caught lying about his credentials in town hall meeting. Then there are concerns regarding his possible link to his son's dealings with Russia and Ukraine.

President-elect Biden presents himself well, and he has been elected, so we have to respect him as the President, but he will have to be watched like a hawk.
Yes he has skeletons in his closet but he's pretty stable and safe and maintains himself with dignity and restraint. I am hoping he will re-unite people with his calm and diplomacy.

I am not worried about him at all. It's just Harris that bothers me. She smiles too much in a way that is a bit too predatory for my liking. I seem to recall from pro Trump friends that most objections were not to him being President but to her being Vice.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-01-2021, 02:52 AM

Just realised who she reminds me of...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:55 AM

Yes he has skeletons in his closet but he's pretty stable and safe and maintains himself with dignity and restraint. I am hoping he will re-unite people with his calm and diplomacy.

I am not worried about him at all. It's just Harris that bothers me. She smiles too much in a way that is a bit too predatory for my liking. I seem to recall from pro Trump friends that most objections were not to him being President but to her being Vice.
I am beating the drum for Presidents being presidential, Annie. It's most definitely way up there on the list of qualifications.

Now we need to demand the same of our Representatives and Senators. During the impeachment debate, a Representative from Missouri called the President the "White Supremacist in Chief." This kind of behavior has to stop.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-01-2021, 03:08 AM

Mom it does appear to me that a witch trial is taking place.

Page 42 of 48 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top