Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:35 PM

Re: Social media controls:

Don't really matter what happens in the last chapter, lets just hope the epilogue is not eternal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with Annie.....
I believe terrorist and criminal activity is monitored on social media and if restrictions start to apply they will all go underground. I believe that social media has become a very useful tool for the police and security services.
Better the devil you know!
except I wasn't praising any of it....! Was the world so awful when we didn't have cameras in everyone's underwear drawer?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
except I wasn't praising any of it....! Was the world so awful when we didn't have cameras in everyone's underwear drawer?
Let me think Annie....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:19 AM

apparently Ayatollah Khomeini has been spouting hatred against isreal and inciting violence yet only 1 tweet got pulled by twitter. Trump gets banned for life, shouldn't Khomeini too? Double standards?

Freedom of speech is all about gone, it wont be long before we will even be able to say freedom of speech is gone!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
apparently Ayatollah Khomeini has been spouting hatred against isreal and inciting violence yet only 1 tweet got pulled by twitter. Trump gets banned for life, shouldn't Khomeini too? Double standards?

Freedom of speech is all about gone, it wont be long before we will even be able to say freedom of speech is gone!
Absolutely Lion Queen, there is definitely an agenda been followed by the media. We only get to hear what they want you to hear, but it's the things they exclude that is probably more important.

Well done with the spelling by the way...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Know thine enemy...keep your friends close and your enemies closer....all that rings true with me...

As long as it is legal, censorship is a slippery slope.

I understand that censoring the President is legal because Twitter is a private company, but I think censorship, if there is to be any should be done by a third party, not by the company that encourages speech in the first place.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Know thine enemy...keep your friends close and your enemies closer....all that rings true with me...

As long as it is legal, censorship is a slippery slope.

I understand that censoring the President is legal because Twitter is a private company, but I think censorship, if there is to be any should be done by a third party, not by the company that encourages speech in the first place.
But whoever implements rules, you cannot eliminate bias. It is a slippery slope indeed.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:18 AM

Quickbeam, while you worry about social media, I am more inclined to worry about the toxicity of entertainers that pretend to be journalists for supposed news outlets:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/we-nee...Gww4lH_VPmvHHM
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

12-01-2021, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with Annie.....
I believe terrorist and criminal activity is monitored on social media and if restrictions start to apply they will all go underground. I believe that social media has become a very useful tool for the police and security services.
Better the devil you know!
Agree with you both!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-01-2021, 11:52 AM

A good link Surfermom, and sounds frighteningly familiar...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top