Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:00 PM

Re: Who to vote for?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's okay some people saying "Vote for Farage!" etc. Okay, if he gets in then what? What would he do next?
Fix the roads, the rail network, the NHS, schools, tax, pensions......No of course not. He wouldn't have the first clue on any of all that. He's a one-topic idealist.
Pointless. All of it, all of them.
I disagree.

Firstly, if the Brexit Party should gain a majority in the Commons, don't believe that they would be incapable of running the country. Tell me a present party in the Commons which IS capable!

We must remember that the people who actually run the country, and understand the matters you list, are the Civil Servants. They are the experts and inform the government who then make the decisions of which options to go for.

Apart from any of that, the main thing we need to do now is to leave the EU. Once that is accomplished, other matters can be decided upon when we know exactly where we are.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
TessA, As far as I am concerned, This GE will be for one thing only, whether you support REMAIN or LEAVE! Yes, all the things you say are of course really important to us, but we are more savvy now and know that regardless of all the fake manifesto promises that they will be promising they will put into action, they are blatant liars!

One only has to look at the calibre of MPs currently sitting on the green benches, the sad truth is - the majority of them don't give a fig about what the voter wants.
No-one believes a word that comes out of their lying mouths anymore.
You are perfectly correct, SG. There are very few MPs now whom I could either rely on to run the country or even trust. Many have shown just how untrustworthy they really are.

As for the question of who to vote for:

Conservatives - Boris's deal is clearly BRINO, as was May's. I want to leave the EU, not remain with one or two unimportant little tit-bits that Boris's deal seems to offer us. I can not vote Conservative if that is the best they can come up with.

The Brexit Party - This is the only party which I believe will obtain BREXIT for us. As I have said, I feel that they would be nowhere near as incompetent as Floydy says. Their only problem is that they have not been in Parliament yet, so many feel they are an unknown quantity. Nevertheless, I believe they are our only hope to regain our sovereignty and restore our democracy. Anything else pales almost into insignificance.

The Limp Dems - It must be quite clear by now that they are not to be trusted. They have stated perfectly clearly that they want us to remain under EU control. If that happens, there would be no point in voting for the Limp Dems or any party because we would have little or no real say in how this country is governed.

The Loony Party - Don't be ridiculous!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I really do not see any point at all in voting for ANY political party in a general election ever again. It is clear that NONE of them have any idea on how to organise our country.

It's okay some people saying "Vote for Farage!" etc. Okay, if he gets in then what? What would he do next?
Fix the roads, the rail network, the NHS, schools, tax, pensions......No of course not. He wouldn't have the first clue on any of all that. He's a one-topic idealist.
Pointless. All of it, all of them.

Bunch of easy-life money-grabbing time-wasters.
All of the things you say need doing Floydy, will not get done while
brexit still exists, so it must be brought to a conclusion first one
way or another!
As to never voting again, that is the reason we have such a sorry
shower in parliament right now, apathetic voters!
You get what you allow?
Regards Donkeyman!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I disagree.

Firstly, if the Brexit Party should gain a majority in the Commons, don't believe that they would be incapable of running the country. Tell me a present party in the Commons which IS capable!

We must remember that the people who actually run the country, and understand the matters you list, are the Civil Servants. They are the experts and inform the government who then make the decisions of which options to go for.

Apart from any of that, the main thing we need to do now is to leave the EU. Once that is accomplished, other matters can be decided upon when we know exactly where we are.

You are perfectly correct, SG. There are very few MPs now whom I could either rely on to run the country or even trust. Many have shown just how untrustworthy they really are.

As for the question of who to vote for:

Conservatives - Boris's deal is clearly BRINO, as was May's. I want to leave the EU, not remain with one or two unimportant little tit-bits that Boris's deal seems to offer us. I can not vote Conservative if that is the best they can come up with.

The Brexit Party - This is the only party which I believe will obtain BREXIT for us. As I have said, I feel that they would be nowhere near as incompetent as Floydy says. Their only problem is that they have not been in Parliament yet, so many feel they are an unknown quantity. Nevertheless, I believe they are our only hope to regain our sovereignty and restore our democracy. Anything else pales almost into insignificance.

The Limp Dems - It must be quite clear by now that they are not to be trusted. They have stated perfectly clearly that they want us to remain under EU control. If that happens, there would be no point in voting for the Limp Dems or any party because we would have little or no real say in how this country is governed.

The Loony Party - Don't be ridiculous!
Totally Agree.

But I think that Boris must do a deal with Nigel, ASAP, and work out something for beyond Brexit as well.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
But I think that Boris must do a deal with Nigel, ASAP, and work out something for beyond Brexit as well.

Yes, of course. I have said so many times.

I have a feeling that Boris is too proud to make an alliance with what he sees as a young and very minor party with no political experience.

I believe he is wrong, wrong to an incredible level.

He can't make the Brexit Party go away, and they have quite a strong following. He should realise that he needs them. If he has any real sense he will make an agreement.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I was the same Shroppy, with Owen Paterson.

I have now moved to Shrewsbury, different MP and I will not be voting for him, he keeps changing his mind.

Brexit Party or if we get one, Monster Raving Looney.
Morning Swimmy, you're 15 minutes away from me then. I thought your Tory MP in Shrewsbury is Daniel Kawczynski, an ardent Brexiteer??
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:09 PM

Morning Swimmy, you're 15 minutes away from me then. I thought your Tory MP in Shrewsbury is Daniel Kawczynski, an ardent Brexiteer??

Hi

Nope, he is an ardent keep himself in a job.

He is not what he seems.

I know him well, he came to my evening meal before my last Wedding.

A huge family man, Anti Gay, until he came out and divorced his wife.

He even tried it on with me, and I am an ugly dyed in the wool Heterosexual.

His wife and kids were devastated, she was funding him.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 02:14 PM

Euston, we have a problem!

Nigel has declared today that unless Boris ditches his withdrawal deal, the Brexit Party will field candidates in every single constituency.

It does not bode well. Split votes it will be with the risk of either Corbyn or Swinson winning seats that a Brexit candidate could easily have taken. What idiotic thinking.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:05 PM

Split votes it will be with the risk of either Corbyn or Swinson winning seats that a Brexit candidate could easily have taken. What idiotic thinking.

All part of the grand plan to destroy BrExit.

The establishment has a long arm and runs very deep. The likes of Nigel Farage can't sway the power that they have.

Nigel knows it would be idiotic to run against Tories in certain constituencies as splitting the Leave vote would let Remainers in. He is however determined. Jeremy Vine put this to him on his radio show a couple of hours ago and Farage just basically said "don't count your chickens". He cited the previous election where Vine and others similarly said that UKIP would split voters. Farage said that actually they took more seats away from Labour than the Tories.

We DO have a problem as you say. Boris is NOT going to deliver BrExit, he will only deliver BRINO. May's deal is disastrous and keeps us tied to the EU for years in which time they will just take us back in. Boris's deal is 95% May's deal so still utterly disastrous.

The existing political landscape will never deliver BrExit. They will keep duping the public with false promises and keep delaying until BrExit is deemed history.

Only the BrExit party will see it done. Nobody else.

They vow to take us out properly, walking away and then negotiating a good deal.

The problem is with the rigged GE voting system you can't deliver a majority for the BrExit Party.

Leave / Remain was 52% vs 48% on a straight vote.

In a constituency based elction things will be different.

Scotland will rebel and will support Remain.

The entire constituencies of London and surrounding areas will support Remaining

With a Leave vote split elsewhere it will be difficult to establish the parliament needed to deliver BrExit.

And this they clearly know and is why they are having the GE.

BrExit will be delayed for another 3 yrs.

Something must be done. . . .
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:12 PM

Tactical voting is the only thing that makes sense - a mass movement with the slogan GET THE BASTARDS OUT! The amoral, utterly untrustworthy, pathological liar would be a disaster for the country should he get a majority. He must be stopped.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:25 PM

Euston, we have a problem!

Nigel has declared today that unless Boris ditches his withdrawal deal, the Brexit Party will field candidates in every single constituency.

It does not bode well. Split votes it will be with the risk of either Corbyn or Swinson winning seats that a Brexit candidate could easily have taken. What idiotic thinking.
Hi SG, Sorry, but it should be Houston, in Teas! But never mind,l
agree with the message though, with Boris refusing to engage with
Nigel, and Nigel seemingly setting an impossible condition for
Boris by vetoing the WA ?
As Boris and his mainly remain tory party dont really want to
leave at all, l cant see an alliance forming to force the issue?
Imo the best Nigel can expect is to gain the few tory leavers and
possibly a good number of disgruntled labour voters in the north
and the midland areas!
Nigel cannot support the WA as, as he says it defeats the object
of brexit and so is futile!
Boris is just May with a different haircut?
It is up to the voters now, and what will be, will be. Imo!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top