Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Re: Snowing Friday!

Good morning all. Reading all these wake up notes about snow has me jealous. It just shows you that everyone is so very different. I can understand the fear of falling as we age but I love a good snowfall with huge flakes just floating down quietly. We had such a snowfall last Winter with the biggest flakes I've ever seen. It was so unusual I took photos of it.

There are a number of Winter condition in my part of the country that is dangerous to seniors and falling. We have snow, ice, black ice and freezing fog. This is the only place I've ever lived that has freezing fog. It looks like a light snowfall, covering asphalt parking lots with a super thin coating that is really slippery.

It's McDonald's for me this morning with the weather doing just fine. It's 41F, 5C right now, which is warmer than our highs all last week. Our high is forecast for just 42F.

Have a great day all and stay safe. For those that dislike snow just imagine it as a temporary condition.

Two years ago

Huge snowflakes last year

Last Winter at my mailbox
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 04:48 PM

Hi all! Clouded over here, the cold front has come thru and the temps are dropping; it's a bit past 10:45 A M and down to 6℃ (43℉) and falling. 20% chance of light, non-sticking snow tonight; ground is still too warm for it to be a bother: what they call a nuisance snow. Down for mail and grass, just a lazy day planned; deciding what's for dinner: thinking Chinese: maybe large wonton soup and spring rolls with wasabi ...?? Whatever. Leia's fine and having the post-breakfast nap ... a hard life being a cat..

Hope your snow isn't too bad, take care and watch for slippery spots!

Edited: Bob, just saw your pics, beautiful, admittedly, but simply horrid to have to go out in!! Hate it, hate it, hate it!!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 05:15 PM

We have had two snow falls today, but it has rained, so the snows been washed away. Spent the morning cutting and bathing the dog. She was not to happy about it.

Nice snowy pictures.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 06:56 PM

It came down like dinner plates this morning could hardly see through it, its still laying here but has stopped thank goodness.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:30 PM

Hello all We've escaped the snow, so far, although it did try this afternoon.

Meg - what a lovely photo of Hannah with Santa, what a bonny little girl.

Bob - lovely shots of the winter snow; love to look at it but that's it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2011, 11:55 PM

Meg, that is a lovely photo of Hannah and Father Christmas....

Bob, great photos of the snow...don't mind looking at pictures of it, but loathe the real stuff!

Relaxing and pottering day today due to weather...had a visit from one of my Niece's partners and their 3 year old. Was supposed to be going down to my Brother's in Derbyshire tomorrow for couple of days, but decided not to risk it in this weather, especially as its supposed to be icy tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top