Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 10:11 AM

Iced up Saturday!

Good Morning All Snow turned to ice now and pavements lethal to walk on. The snow plough was up yesterday twice clearing the roads and sand/grit spread but they never do the pavements A neighbour is getting me some messages later as I am terrified walking out on the iced up pavements - even walking on the grassed areas is dangerous!

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday, whatever the weather!

Take care.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Re: Iced up Saturday!

Good morning all. Beware Personal Messages speaking of huge sums of money someone wishes to "share" with you. There's a new member on the site, "just", that is doing just that. It's a scam. I've alerted Azz to this situation.

Not much going on today. Our weather is holding as dry which is indicating an all time record as the driest month in our history. The previous record was .88 inches. We're at .06 inches this month with no rain in the forecast. Weird!

Have a great day all!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Hello all!

We has a hard frost last night but it's a bright and sunny day here in the SW, a bit on the chilly side though

Caught up on all my chores for the day and this afternoon I'll make a start on icing two Christmas cakes.... one of them is for my daughter, in case you thought I was greedy!

Bob, thanks for the alert, it has been dealt with

Have a good day all!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 01:54 PM

A belated good morning to all who pass this way . A lovely sunny morning but very cold.

I had lots of cooking to do this morning so decided to get some of it out of the way before doing anything else.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 02:25 PM

Good afternoon all, the weather is much the same as yours Meg, looking out the window you would think it was Summer, but step outside and it's bitter cold. I think the missus has most of the Christmas stuff in hand and the two of us will slip out for a drink and a sing-song tonight in the local, meantime I'm busy watching the Ascot racing.
Be careful folks.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Hi Brandykins, have you thought of getting some of those spiky things which slip over your shoes, they are great for walking on ice. I got some off Amazon last year after I kept falling over and eventually broke my wrist and thought enough is enough so got some.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Hi Brandykins, have you thought of getting some of those spiky things which slip over your shoes, they are great for walking on ice. I got some off Amazon last year after I kept falling over and eventually broke my wrist and thought enough is enough so got some.
I bought some of those ice grippers for my husband last year, he said they made a big difference when walking on icy pavements. They were from Amazon as well!

I've got a pair of boots that have a spiky attachment on the heels. You just flip it down when it's icy, then flip it back up if you were going into a shop.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 04:57 PM

Good evening Brandykins and all above. Sorry I missed this thread this morning
Weather on this side is cold, the snow has arrived, it might thaw a bit for Xmas but it's certain to come back in January and stay until March at least. Time to go into hibernation methinks

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've got a pair of boots that have a spiky attachment on the heels. You just flip it down when it's icy, then flip it back up if you were going into a shop.
That's a clever idea, I've not seen them before.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Hi everyone! Back to chilly; it's nearing 11 AM and only 2℃ (37℉), but a wind chill of minus 1℃. Heavy cloud cover, no snow in the forecast, thank God! All's quiet, just out for grass; lazy afternoon with paper and crossword, work a bit of needlepoint.

I had a set of those spiky boot things, and just realized I forgot to bring them when I moved! D'oh!! I'm terrified of ice, won't go out if I can possibly avoid it; don't want a broken hip. Bob, that is unusual weather, you live in such a rainy area!

Stay safe and warm, preferably indoors!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2011, 05:08 PM

Hi everyone

It's done nothing but rain here today - thank goodness!

It was worrying yesterday when the snow fell hard, but dissipated later in the afternoon.

The spiky boot things I believe are excellent. Our friend Ann in Canada swears by them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top