Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 08:32 PM

Re: Drumming up racial fear and hatred

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Bravo Bread.....

Twitter is 'on fire' with the fact that Britain is now run by the judiciary.....Remainers and Brexiteers alike......There is a storm on the way....
Yes, britain run by the law, that is novel! Better to have the elites run the country, like you have now. And now the elites are fighting amongst each other, creating more amusement than most football games.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:01 AM

Quite right Solasch. If MPs do not get their way they will now go to the Supreme Court to have a 'new' law brought in to satisfy them.
They are all accusing BJ of breaking the law but was what he did a law breaking offence before the Supreme Court's findings? Not to my way of thinking.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Quite right Solasch. If MPs do not get their way they will now go to the Supreme Court to have a 'new' law brought in to satisfy them.
They are all accusing BJ of breaking the law but was what he did a law breaking offence before the Supreme Court's findings? Not to my way of thinking.
I think that the Supreme Court has, probably, just sewed the seeds of it's own destruction.

Right or wrong, it's Public "Perception" that leads to success, or failure, in this Political nightmare, and I suspect that the SC has taken a big hit which will mean that, whoever gets the future power in the HOP, they, the SC, will have to be put back in their box ASAP. Otherwise, few controversial bills will be able to get onto the books.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think that the Supreme Court has, probably, just sewed the seeds of it's own destruction.

Right or wrong, it's Public "Perception" that leads to success, or failure, in this Political nightmare, and I suspect that the SC has taken a big hit which will mean that, whoever gets the future power in the HOP, they, the SC, will have to be put back in their box ASAP. Otherwise, few controversial bills will be able to get onto the books.

I don't understand why people are getting so wound up about judges trying to uphold democracy. BJ is playing games to try to trick the system into a no deal. That imo is dirty politics and yes he should be reprimanded. Brexit fever appears to blind people to the reality that our rights are on the parliament holding government to account. Not the government gagging parliament and playing dirty. One man cannot just do willy nilly without control. We are NOT a dictatorship. If you don't like the way things are done here move to Venezuela or north Korea.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:08 AM

It's not about Brexit or the EU anymore, It's not about Remainers or Brexiteers, It's about the sudden realisation that Britain is ruled by money. The many controlled by the few.....It probably always has been, but now it's out in the open, and my question is:- What are we going to do about it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:09 AM

OK I will go along with they really wanted to debate brexit, they were upset to be locked out from doing that important job. But what happened to that yesterday, the aggression, the anger, some of them looked close to having a stroke. What an edifying display of traitors who won't respect our votes.

As for surrender and traitor and humbug causing them to have a touch of the vapours and cry their ways home. Really ? Really ? after they ignore our vote, call for various tories to be killed, yell racist, liars, stupid, thick etc ? offensive t shirts and slogans at party conferences .... are they blind and deaf to what they have done and said ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't understand why people are getting so wound up about judges trying to uphold democracy. BJ is playing games to try to trick the system into a no deal. That imo is dirty politics and yes he should be reprimanded. Brexit fever appears to blind people to the reality that our rights are on the parliament holding government to account. Not the government gagging parliament and playing dirty. One man cannot just do willy nilly without control. We are NOT a dictatorship. If you don't like the way things are done here move to Venezuela or north Korea.
It isn't just 'one man' though is it Annie.....It's 17.4 million....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-09-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
OK I will go along with they really wanted to debate brexit, they were upset to be locked out from doing that important job. But what happened to that yesterday, the aggression, the anger, some of them looked close to having a stroke. What an edifying display of traitors who won't respect our votes.

As for surrender and traitor and humbug causing them to have a touch of the vapours and cry their ways home. Really ? Really ? after they ignore our vote, call for various tories to be killed, yell racist, liars, stupid, thick etc ? offensive t shirts and slogans at party conferences .... are they blind and deaf to what they have done and said ?
Good post Julie, they've had three and a half years to discuss Brexit, now it's time to act, no more discussion.....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:23 AM

A lot of the anger in the commons was caused by Bercow.

They should point the finger at him and tell him its because he can't or won't do his job.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Good point, Julie.
The suggestion that calling the Benn Bill a surrender bill will make people go out and kill random strangers is so absurd as to be offensive
These snowflakes need to get out more. I work in construction and hear worse things every day.

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top