Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

27-09-2019, 06:19 AM

Re: We will never leave (Benn's bill)

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You must have heard of bilderberg.
I think you're confusing evidence with half-baked conspiracy theories.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 06:42 AM

There was a female politician being interviewed on the news last night. She was up in arms and absoutely petrified of her safety.
Why? Because Boris Johnson used the absolutely vile and utterly shocking word "Humbug".
Get a life you stupid cow.

Looking forward to riots in the streets with anarchists and peaky blinders shouting "Humbug" at each other. Oh ffs!!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There was a female politician being interviewed on the news last night. She was up in arms and absoutely petrified of her safety.
Why? Because Boris Johnson used the absolutely vile and utterly shocking word "Humbug".
Get a life you stupid cow.

Looking forward to riots in the streets with anarchists and peaky blinders shouting "Humbug" at each other. Oh ffs!!!

Perfectly ok for the labour party to throw a brick through Angela Eagles window and deface Jacob Rees Moggs house. For McDonnell to say "lynch the bitch" about Esther Mcvey also fine, but use the word "surrender bill" and they all need a lie down and a session on the vapours.

The left don't even try to hide their disgusting behaviour anymore
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Perfectly ok for the labour party to throw a brick through Angela Eagles window and deface Jacob Rees Moggs house. For McDonnell to say "lynch the bitch" about Esther Mcvey also fine but use the word "surrender bill" and they all need a lie down and a session on the vapours.

The left don't even try to hide their disgusting behaviour snymore
That's different. There is of course no need for out and out violence. I'm simply talking about drama queens getting all upset because they were called a humbug, just to cause trouble.
It was okay for Charles Dickens - but perhaps that's where were heading...back to Victorian times!
What a mess this silly country is in.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Perfectly ok for the labour party to throw a brick through Angela Eagles window and deface Jacob Rees Moggs house. For McDonnell to say "lynch the bitch" about Esther Mcvey also fine, but use the word "surrender bill" and they all need a lie down and a session on the vapours.

The left don't even try to hide their disgusting behaviour anymore
No one does abuse quite like the Left.
Or hypocrisy
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:10 PM

Hello, we now have John Major bleating to Keven Schofield at POLITICSHOME today, that Boris could resort to ‘’political chicanery’’ (hypocrisy - kettle - black) to bypass a law designed to stop a no-deal Brexit.

He said the Prime Minister could use a so-called “Order of Council” to avoid implementing the legislation until after 31 October.

Major said Boris could carry out the move through the Privy Council, meaning Parliament would not be able to block it. That way, the PM could meet his ‘’do or die’’ pledge to have the UK out of the EU by Hallowe’en.

The so called Benn Act forces Boris to seek a three-month extention to the Brexit deadline if he is unable to get a deal through Parliament by 19th October.

But in a speech on Friday, (today) at the Spanish Embassy to the Centre for European Reform think-tank, Major - who was Prime Minister from 1990 until 1997, will stand up and say “My fear is that the Government will seek to bypass statute law, by passing an Order of Council to suspend the Act until after 31 October. “It is important to note that an Order of Council can be passed by Privy Councillors - that is government ministers - without involving HM The Queen. “I should warn the Prime Minister that - if this route is taken - it will be in flagrant defiance of Parliament and utterly disrespectful to the Supreme Court.”
“It would be a piece of political chicanery that no-one should ever forgive or forget”.

Elsewhere in his speech, Major - who campaigned for Remain in the EU referendum - also accuses the PM of seeking an early election by whipping up “fear and anger” at the establishment among voters.

He will say “If the Government was truly confident in the aftermath of their Brexit policy, they would wait for next spring, take credit for the success of Brexit, rejoice - even gloat - that all fears about it were unfounded and propose a few popular ‘’one nation’’ policies to restore the fortunes of the Conservatives.

“But instead, to reinforce their electoral appeal, the Government seems intent on whipping up dissent by using highly emotional and evocative language that can only provoke fear and anger, and fuel grievances against Parliament and the law.

“It means this government wishes to win re-election by inciting opposition to the most important bulwarks of our State and its freedom.

“Their approach is profoundly un-Conservative and - whatever its short-term, effect - will do permanent damage to the reputation of the Conservative Party.

”I cannot believe any previous Government - in our long history - would have even considered such reckless and divisive behaviour.”

Aiming his fire on Boris’s use of language to describe his political opponents, the former PM will add: “Most Conservatives are not a Brexit Party tribute band, nor have we abandoned our core values to find compromise, seek allies, and strive for unity, rather than division and disarray.

“We do not believe we have the right to ignore the voices of millions of others whose opinions differ from our own.”

“And we abhor the language of division and hate - and words such as ‘saboteur’, ‘traitor’ ‘enemy’ ‘surrender’ and ‘betrayal’ have no place in our Party, our politics, nor in our society.

“It is emphatically not who we are as a people. And must never be seen as so.

“I hope that the Conservative Parliamentary Party will regain its sense of balance, and rein in the faction of a faction that now prevails in Cabinet.

UNQUOTE

Well, for sheer-faced hypocrisy, this has-been really tops the polls. Just as a thought only, Wonder if he will be paid to speak this absolute load of sheer hypocritical BS from his lips at the Spanish Embassy today?

To have the gall to even complain about language by Boris is laughable. Wasn’t this the fool who ‘publicly’ stated that three of his Tory Eurosceptic MPs, Michael Howard, Peter Lilley and Michael Portillo, who voted against him in a vote of no confidence in 1993 - BASTARDS! Yet this halfwit has the gall to castigate Boris for using words such as ‘betrayal’, ‘surrender document’, and ‘humbug’.
And to accuse Boris of ‘political chicanery’ if he goes ahead with this plan to get Brexit done, as well as stating the following where I almost choked on my cup of tea “Their approach is profoundly un-Conservative and - whatever its short-term effect - will do permanent damage to the reputation of the Conservative Party.”

OMG! Words fail me, and that takes some doing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hello, we now have John Major bleating to Keven Schofield at POLITICSHOME today, that Boris could resort to ‘’political chicanery’’ (hypocrisy - kettle - black) to bypass a law designed to stop a no-deal Brexit.

He said the Prime Minister could use a so-called “Order of Council” to avoid implementing the legislation until after 31 October.

Major said Boris could carry out the move through the Privy Council, meaning Parliament would not be able to block it. That way, the PM could meet his ‘’do or die’’ pledge to have the UK out of the EU by Hallowe’en.

The so called Benn Act forces Boris to seek a three-month extention to the Brexit deadline if he is unable to get a deal through Parliament by 19th October.

But in a speech on Friday, (today) at the Spanish Embassy to the Centre for European Reform think-tank, Major - who was Prime Minister from 1990 until 1997, will stand up and say “My fear is that the Government will seek to bypass statute law, by passing an Order of Council to suspend the Act until after 31 October. “It is important to note that an Order of Council can be passed by Privy Councillors - that is government ministers - without involving HM The Queen. “I should warn the Prime Minister that - if this route is taken - it will be in flagrant defiance of Parliament and utterly disrespectful to the Supreme Court.”
“It would be a piece of political chicanery that no-one should ever forgive or forget”.

Elsewhere in his speech, Major - who campaigned for Remain in the EU referendum - also accuses the PM of seeking an early election by whipping up “fear and anger” at the establishment among voters.

He will say “If the Government was truly confident in the aftermath of their Brexit policy, they would wait for next spring, take credit for the success of Brexit, rejoice - even gloat - that all fears about it were unfounded and propose a few popular ‘’one nation’’ policies to restore the fortunes of the Conservatives.

“But instead, to reinforce their electoral appeal, the Government seems intent on whipping up dissent by using highly emotional and evocative language that can only provoke fear and anger, and fuel grievances against Parliament and the law.

“It means this government wishes to win re-election by inciting opposition to the most important bulwarks of our State and its freedom.

“Their approach is profoundly un-Conservative and - whatever its short-term, effect - will do permanent damage to the reputation of the Conservative Party.

”I cannot believe any previous Government - in our long history - would have even considered such reckless and divisive behaviour.”

Aiming his fire on Boris’s use of language to describe his political opponents, the former PM will add: “Most Conservatives are not a Brexit Party tribute band, nor have we abandoned our core values to find compromise, seek allies, and strive for unity, rather than division and disarray.

“We do not believe we have the right to ignore the voices of millions of others whose opinions differ from our own.”

“And we abhor the language of division and hate - and words such as ‘saboteur’, ‘traitor’ ‘enemy’ ‘surrender’ and ‘betrayal’ have no place in our Party, our politics, nor in our society.

“I hope that the Conservative Parliamentary Party will regain its sense of balance, and rein in the faction of a faction that now prevails in Cabinet.

UNQUOTE

Well, for sheer-faced hypocrisy, this has-been really tops the polls. Just as a thought only, Wonder if he will be paid to speak this absolute load of sheer hypocritical BS from his lips at the Spanish Embassy today?

To have the gall to even complain about language by Boris is laughable. Wasn’t this the fool who ‘publicly’ stated that three of his Tory Eurosceptic MPs, Michael Howard, Peter Lilley and Michael Portillo, who voted against him in a vote of no confidence in 1993 - BASTARDS! Yet this halfwit has the gall to castigate Boris for using words such as ‘betrayal’, ‘surrender document’, and ‘humbug’.
And to accuse Boris of ‘political chicanery’ if he goes ahead with this plan to get Brexit done, as well as stating the following where I almost choked on my cup of tea “Their approach is profoundly un-Conservative and - whatever its short-term effect - will do permanent damage to the reputation of the Conservative Party.”

Grey man syndrome.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

UNQUOTE

Major is just as bent as the Supreme Court and most of Parliament. His legacy is bankrupting the country so I guess he has a lot in common with the opposite bench.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:48 PM

What pleases me is the thought. Of people left in the EU when we go is them having to contribute more from their wage packets
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-09-2019, 01:03 PM

More kind words from the caring left. This time Labours Neil Coyle throwing insults at Piers Morgan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eil-Coyle.html

Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top