Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:02 PM

Re: Don't Blame Us For The Mess, Guv.

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
You do realise Corbyn wants to leave the EU right?

Haha, he has flip-flopped so much that I don’t know what his view on Brexit is.

I know he was against joining the EU, and voted against subsequent treaties, but he campaigned for Remain during the referendum, albeit on a low profile. A bit like May, actually.

But his current Brexit policy.....? What day is it today?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:06 PM

It's better for everybody that the UK remain in the EU,

LMAO

Who pays you to post this drivel?!!

The UK desperately needs to get out of the EU cesspit.

We don't need to be part of that ridiculous and corrupt political union in any shape or form. It seeks to replace our basic rights of "Innocent Until Proved Guilty" with the complete opposite "Guilty until you prove your innocence".

It would, if we stayed in, mandate that we tale up the Euro and our corrupt politicians, working directly for the EU, would ensure that happened.

Thank goodness 17.4m people saw sense and had woken up to the dangers of the wolf at our door.

The UK will be far far far better off in the long run being out of the EU.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Haha, he has flip-flopped so much that I don’t know what his view on Brexit is.

I know he was against joining the EU, and voted against subsequent treaties, but he campaigned for Remain during the referendum, albeit on a low profile. A bit like May, actually.

But his current Brexit policy.....? What day is it today?

Corbyn says and does anything if he thinks it will dupe people and get votes. That's the only reason he would have made any kind of side with Remain.

Corbyn has opposed vehemently the EU all of his political life. I have posted a long list of the actions he has taken in previous threads. He is NOT a Remainer. He is a Communist/Marxist who supported the IRA, is pals with Hamas and Hezbollah and who is totally unelectable.
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Corbyn says and does anything if he thinks it will dupe people and get votes. That's the only reason he would have made any kind of side with Remain.

Corbyn has opposed vehemently the EU all of his political life. I have posted a long list of the actions he has taken in previous threads. He is NOT a Remainer. He is a Communist/Marxist who supported the IRA, is pals with Hamas and Hezbollah and who is totally unelectable.
I couldn’t agree more. I wouldn’t vote for Corbyn if my life depended on it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Honestly Julie, it will be fine. This is one thing I think both sides can agree on. I am a remainer but I absolutely hate violence, and I have friends who voted leave who are the same.

Most on both sides do not want violence, and given the low turn out at leave rallies (that is not meant to be a dig) there really is not a whole lot to worry about. Again, I am not trying to dig here but most leavers weren't overly interested in rallying, and it is highly unlikely that leavers are going to risk jail time for violent protests. You will get a small number who will go down the violent route but they will be quickly dealt with.
Are you a new potato or an old spud Aido? lf you are the
former ( and you sound like it)? You have no place on OFF!

Donkeyman!!
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

29-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Yes, Brexit supporting MPs have achieved nothing since the referendum.
Probably because there is a majority of Remainers in Parliament.
Unlike the majority of the electorate. That’s us, the public.

Meanwhile, the news this last 24 hours tells us that Corbyn will be PM by this time next week, as the result of a no confidence vote and another remainer stitch up.
Because that’s the only way he can become PM, as he’s turned down the opportunity for an election. Twice. Or is it 3 times now?
Congratulations on being the first to prove my point, that the brexiteers only refrain is that it's always someone else's fault. Who voted for the parliament? You, the public. You had the chance to vote into government UKIP, a staunchly pro-brexiteering party, and how many of their MPs did the public select? Zero. Not one. Their concept for brexit was utterly rejected by most of the 17.4 million, and by the rest of the electorate too.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Congratulations on being the first to prove my point, that the brexiteers only refrain is that it's always someone else's fault. Who voted for the parliament? You, the public. You had the chance to vote into government UKIP, a staunchly pro-brexiteering party, and how many of their MPs did the public select? Zero. Not one. Their concept for brexit was utterly rejected by most of the 17.4 million, and by the rest of the electorate too.
It is an inescapable fact. Was it due to policy, the toxicity of Farage or both?
Patriot1967
East Anglia

29-09-2019, 07:07 PM

You guys make some very good points.
Yes, we the public are a bunch of mugs for believing that our votes in a referendum would be listened to. And also mugs for believing that democracy exists.
If you vote for one of the establishment parties, you are voting for the status quo.
So yes, it’s all on us, the mug voters. Nothing to do with the Remain establishment at all.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top