Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 06:04 AM

Re: remain hero mp's

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Were all Europeans....
The difference is that they embrace Europe as a union of nations where they can freely travel, live and work whereas you and Fellow leavers don’t embrace European citizenship and instead hark after days gone by when Great Britton was a global power but fail to realise that those days are long gone and it was WW2 and the huge debt the USA imposed on us that ultimately ended it. That Brexiteers want to cosy up to the USA is and yet hark back to days of Empire is ironic

https://www.theweek.co.uk/history/93...id-it-collapse
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The difference is that they embrace Europe as a union of nations where they can freely travel, live and work whereas you and Fellow leavers don’t embrace European citizenship and instead hark after days gone by when Great Britton was a global power but fail to realise that those days are long gone and it was WW2 and the huge debt the USA imposed on us that ultimately ended it. That Brexiteers want to cosy up to the USA is and yet hark back to days of Empire is ironic

Where's Geat Britton?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Where's Geat Britton?
On top of Nelsons column??

Donkeyman!
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The young and educated were the ones who were concerned whether or not we'd still be able to enter the Eurovision contest and whether they would still be able holiday in Europe !
Lol, I voted Leave so we wouldn’t have to be subjected to the Eurovision!!!
A crime against music
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Patriot1967 ->
Lol, I voted Leave so we wouldn’t have to be subjected to the Eurovision!!!
A crime against music
As good a reason as any Patriot imo?
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Not at all.

You will find us Brexiteers love Europe, the people, places, culture etc. We just don't want to be in a political union with them.

You who want to remain still sneer at us and treat us like we are stupid but you still don't understand why we voted leave

Move to Dublin if you feel that strongly about it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not at all.

You will find us Brexiteers love Europe, the people, places, culture etc. We just don't want to be in a political union with them.

You who want to remain still sneer at us and treat us like we are stupid but you still don't understand why we voted leave

Move to Dublin if you feel that strongly about it.
There's one thought that keeps worrying me about the way our MPs have been behaving, over this Brexit period.

I imagine a hypothetical situation where the UK had to go to war, with, for example Russia, or some such.

Here's my problem. If our MPs undertook to undermine our government, by broadcasting plans & processes, knocking back acts of parliament, bringing up legal reasons why we should or should not do certain deeds, advising the opposition of all plans, in that war, would we not label them as TRAITORS and deal with them accordingly?

Without taking a robust approach and dealing with 5th Columnists & naysayers strongly, we would lose such a war and be lost without trace.

My worry, now, is that if we are ever threatened, by warfare or rebellion, we will manage it like we have managed Brexit.

God help Us all!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There's one thought that keeps worrying me about the way our MPs have been behaving, over this Brexit period.

I imagine a hypothetical situation where the UK had to go to war, with, for example Russia, or some such.

Here's my problem. If our MPs undertook to undermine our government, by broadcasting plans & processes, knocking back acts of parliament, bringing up legal reasons why we should or should not do certain deeds, advising the opposition of all plans, in that war, would we not label them as TRAITORS and deal with them accordingly?

Without taking a robust approach and dealing with 5th Columnists & naysayers strongly, we would lose such a war and be lost without trace.

My worry, now, is that if we are ever threatened, by warfare or rebellion, we will manage it like we have managed Brexit.

God help Us all!

Only recently the UK was at war with iraq. How did you manage that?
You did find and destroy weapons of mass destruction, didn't you?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top