Join for free
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 03:04 PM

Farcical Election Double Voting

Student double voting went on in the last election, that much was clear. However almost nobody was prosecuted.

One student is now calling other students to do likewise.

'BE BRAVE'
Student boasts she’ll vote TWICE in General Election and urges people to do the same in lax voting system

http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politic...rsity-student/

"A STUDENT has boasted she intends to vote twice in the General Election and even urged others to do the same.

‘Lucy’, 23, is said to be studying at Bournemouth University and her Twitter message has exposed the weaknesses of the country’s electoral system."

"According to The Daily Mail, her Twitter message said: “I have just re-registered for both my hometown AND UNI address… in under 120 seconds! If you live at a second address… ADD it to the register and you can vote TWICE. Register twice. Be brave.”

‘Lucy’, who was given an alias, registered to vote both at her university address and her parents’ home in a suburb of Birmingham – which she is entitled to do under the law.

"Under electoral rules you can only cast one vote in just one constituency, breaking that rule could see you face a £5,000 fine."

This election will be a totally rigged farce.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 03:22 PM

Re: Farcical Election Double Voting

Yes Realist, I did read about this last week. Of course, this was no doubt one of the reasons Swinson wanted the election on the 9th December so they would be registered at both their college towns and home address.

I also read that students were putting polling cards into their pigeon holes at college for anyone to use at the polling stations as no ID needed when voting. Also students on the bus bragging how they were all going to vote twice.

Sickening.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes Realist, I did read about this last week. Of course, this was no doubt one of the reasons Swinson wanted the election on the 9th December so they would be registered at both their college towns and home address.

I also read that students were putting polling cards into their pigeon holes at college for anyone to use at the polling stations as no ID needed when voting. Also students on the bus bragging how they were all going to vote twice.

Sickening.
When we voted in SA, everybody had their index finger nail
stained with an indelible substance that remained for up to three
days, immediately after voting!
Just before voting your fingers were scanned under an ultra-voilet
lamp which showed up if your fingers were stained or not!
Why cant we have something like that,bit is very simple and hardly
impedes the voters??
Regards Donkeyman!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
When we voted in SA, everybody had their index finger nail
stained with an indelible substance that remained for up to three
days, immediately after voting!
Just before voting your fingers were scanned under an ultra-voilet
lamp which showed up if your fingers were stained or not!
Why cant we have something like that,bit is very simple and hardly
impedes the voters??
Regards Donkeyman!
That would put their gas at a peep. Good idea, now to sort out the postal vote scams.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That would put their gas at a peep. Good idea, now to sort out the postal vote scams.
Tell me what the postal voters are doing Roxy, and l will work
on it?
Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 06:34 PM

Tell me what the postal voters are doing Roxy, and l will work
on it?
Regards Donkeyman!
Hi

For the first time in my life I have asked for a postal vote, simply because I am awaiting an operation.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

04-11-2019, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

For the first time in my life I have asked for a postal vote, simply because I am awaiting an operation.
Im sure your not planning on double voting Swimmy,
But can you see how others could manipulate it to do so?

Regards Donkeyman!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:07 PM

You know what they say... "Vote early, vote often"
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:32 PM

Im sure your not planning on double voting Swimmy,
But can you see how others could manipulate it to do so?

Regards Donkeyman!

In close communities like, for example Bradford, activists will encourage people to apply for PV then offer to fill them in for those who may not have English as a first language. The activists then vote for their choice and Bob's/or Jeremy's your uncle.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

05-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
In close communities like, for example Bradford, activists will encourage people to apply for PV then offer to fill them in for those who may not have English as a first language. The activists then vote for their choice and Bob's/or Jeremy's your uncle.
Surely if you have no english, you should have no vote?
And surely you need a valid reason to get a postall vote such as
proof you are travelling more than 100mls from your residence or
have a proven disability etc, which can all be proven by travel
documents and medical certificates?
Postal votes should only be allowed in extreme circumstances
and not for convenience only!
Regards Donkeyman!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top