Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:55 AM

Re: Inguinal Hernia Repair Repair Repeatedly Delayed

Its not the admission time that is important but where your name appears on the surgical list. The higher up your name is, the better chance you have of actually getting the operation done. Conversely, the lower down the list, the more chance there is of something going wrong with a patient and needing more time, and therefore all subsequent patients either being delayed or cancelled.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 09:00 AM

It's all about targets isn't it as long as you are on a list and you haven't been on that particular list for long they meet the target....jigger that you have been on multiple lists and lots of cancellations....hope it all goes to plan this time Omar.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's all about targets isn't it as long as you are on a list and you haven't been on that particular list for long they meet the target....jigger that you have been on multiple lists and lots of cancellations....hope it all goes to plan this time Omar.
The admissions manager had advised me that I have now been categorised as "URGENT" on the insistence of my consultant, who, of course, was not happy that a third attempt to get me into theatre had to be aborted, this time when I was so close to the knife .....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 02:19 PM

It does make my blood boil.
I bet those that can afford private don't have this wait.
Hugs sent.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It does make my blood boil.
I bet those that can afford private don't have this wait.
Hugs sent.
Funnily enough, my original hernia repair was performed while I was still working and covered by BUPA.

I went to my GP to report "groin discomfort" - he took a look and immediately diagnosed Inguinal Hernia but advised that I would have to wait 6 months for a repair. I casually mentioned that I had BUPA cover and he advised me that the wait would only be a week or two - in fact, it was three weeks, but that gave me time to re-schedule my workload.

A different world .....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Funnily enough, my original hernia repair was performed while I was still working and covered by BUPA.

I went to my GP to report "groin discomfort" - he took a look and immediately diagnosed Inguinal Hernia but advised that I would have to wait 6 months for a repair. I casually mentioned that I had BUPA cover and he advised me that the wait would only be a week or two - in fact, it was three weeks, but that gave me time to re-schedule my workload.

A different world .....
Yes, indeed Omah.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 04:23 PM

My late dad had the same problem being postponed three times once when he had been given the premed .
At which point my brother demanded to know how often they were going to put an man of eighty through this nonsense . They said they were sorry but they missing a spare part of the operating equipment which had to be fetched from a nearby supply or something .
My brother ( who has once worked for the NHS )said why don't you send someone to get it then and they did .
However today I see there are threats all over the waiting rooms informing people they will be arrested if they abuse staff I have only ever seen well mannered and obviously sick people in the waiting rooms but I imagine they have to deal with drunks and abusive characters at times but this could also be extended to complaining patients .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:15 AM

Hi Omah, l am so sorry you’re having a disappointing time with your local NHS. It must be so deflating that you gear yourself all up and then to be let down at the last minute. It’s not nice for you.
I hope you manage to get it done on April 9th, even though it is a bit early.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

20-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Omah, l am so sorry you’re having a disappointing time with your local NHS. It must be so deflating that you gear yourself all up and then to be let down at the last minute. It’s not nice for you.
I hope you manage to get it done on April 9th, even though it is a bit early.
I'm debating whether to go to bed on the night before (for a couple of hours) or just stay up later than I usually do .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

08-04-2019, 10:32 AM

The appointments nurse has just telephoned me to confirm that all systems are go and beds are currently available for tomorrow so I think I'll have a doze this afternoon so that I don't oversleep tomorrow .....

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top