Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

10-10-2019, 03:33 PM

Re: I hate, detest, loathe modern technology! Rant alert.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have an entire page of a notebook filled with rotten google passwords because they NEVER EVER have accepted them I have to make a new one every time !
It is obvious - you are not holding your tongue correctly when you are logging in!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
OGF I dont know what they are for, do I need them do I want them are they important it drives me mad . I've bagged them all up and shoved em in the garage , the kids can sort them when I've left the planet.
Haha....If you haven't used them in the last twelve months Susan, chances are it's rubbish and you can chuck em' all out........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Why don't you people write down your passwords on a piece of paper and keep it in a draw? I have all of mine written on a telephone notepad paper which is kept with other important documents, that way i know where to find it, i just think 'important info...ahhh, important info is in that draw' and there you go, paper with passwords on it
I have nicknames for all of my many passwords so I note the nickname rather than the real thing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Eventually, I worked out how to start up and use Messenger on my new phone. No idea how text works and there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off predictive text for Messenger.
It took me ages to find this on my new phone. In my case I wanted to turn it on. Usually I just find it easier googling these things. There's always a you tube video explaining it all. It was really easy to transfer everything from my old phone to new because they were the same brand I could just download an app. It did take me a fair bit of research on google to find out about the app though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have nicknames for all of my many passwords so I note the nickname rather than the real thing.
I have the same password for everything.....suss that out and I'll be living under a bridge in a cardboard box for the rest of my life.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-10-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I have the same password for everything.....suss that out and I'll be living under a bridge in a cardboard box for the rest of my life.....
I used to have just the one too OGF until my facebook was hacked. Now I have a wide selection which would be impossible for anyone to guess or cross reference. Some sites these days have such ridiculous requests for this that and the other too. I closed a bank account because I found it impossible to use their mad cap online security system.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 07:46 AM

Oooh I love technology and can’t get enough of it. As for passwords, mine are in an address book. I use a wide variety of web sites, etc., so need to have them written down in a handy recognisable place.

When I unpack (most of the) boxes in the rental, I need to go through my own collection of cables and leads, to see what fits what.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have an entire page of a notebook filled with rotten google passwords because they NEVER EVER have accepted them I have to make a new one every time !
If you have a PC, try installing KeePass, it's a very secure password storage program where you can store all of your passwords. It also has a password generator if you can't think of any yourself. You only need to remember one password, the one needed to open the program.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:51 PM

My next telephone will be Mrs mart's old one. The one I have at present used to be hers. It's PAYG but I'm thinking about getting a contract for the next cast-off.

Regarding passwords, some people aren't keen on online password managers but I have used LastPass for a number of years without issue. It fills in passwords automatically. There are a few financial sites where I prefer not to use LastPass but it is good for most purposes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top