Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Low regulatory alignment

Seems Boris is not keen on regulatory alignment in many sectors

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...iness-50019069
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 09:02 PM

Re: Low regulatory alignment

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Makes no sense....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 12:14 AM

This news is not "hot". By now even the most hardened brexiter realises there is a price to pay. They are quite willing to distribute the costs of their making over the entire population. If more have to pay, that reduces the price for them. Simple calculation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:14 AM

Hi

It makes no difference to our Exports, whoever we export to we will have to meet their standards, in the same way any Imports have to meet ours.

If Financial Services are deregulated, then they must be self insuring, no more public money if they go bust, they sink.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It makes no difference to our Exports, whoever we export to we will have to meet their standards, in the same way any Imports have to meet ours.

If Financial Services are deregulated, then they must be self insuring, no more public money if they go bust, they sink.
It looks like they might want to abandon the domestic market to cheaper imports in the aerospace, automotive, chemicals, food and drink and pharmaceutical sectors as imports will not have to meet the current high standards and like post WW2 and concentrate manufacturing on exports to generate revenue
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 09:48 AM

It looks like they might want to abandon the domestic market to cheaper imports in the aerospace, automotive, chemicals, food and drink and pharmaceutical sectors as imports will not have to meet the current high standards and like post WW2 and concentrate manufacturing on exports to generate revenue
Hi

They will not lower standards on aerospace, automotive, pharmaceutical or chemicals as that would be counter productive.

Food and drink, most definitely.

Am I bothered?

Nope, not really, I simply will not eat the stuff.

My meat and dairy and eggs are all local.

I grow most of my own veg and herbs.

That will not change.

Buy British, buy local.

Far too many scare stories around.
Banchory
Kent

12-10-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They will not lower standards on aerospace, automotive, pharmaceutical or chemicals as that would be counter productive.

Food and drink, most definitely.

Am I bothered?

Nope, not really, I simply will not eat the stuff.

My meat and dairy and eggs are all local.

I grow most of my own veg and herbs.

That will not change.

Buy British, buy local.

Far too many scare stories around.
The whole idea is counter productive but as you have consistently said many people’s view is that Brexit is about not being part of a federalist EU no matter the economic consequences
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-10-2019, 10:44 AM

The whole idea is counter productive but as you have consistently said many people’s view is that Brexit is about not being part of a federalist EU no matter the economic consequences
Hi

If my life had been all about money, I could have been part of the Elite and kept my gob shut.

I didn't, that is not me.

Neither do I believe that we should leave no matter what the financial consequences, that is just plain stupid.

I firmly believe we leave with the best possible financial deal and then make our own way in life.

There are many successful Countries in the World who are not part of the EU but have a good free trade agreement with them.

We can be the same.

The biggest financial disaster would be having Corbyn in charge.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:54 AM

More a case of the EU coming up to meet our standards
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
More a case of the EU coming up to meet our standards

Exactly !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top