Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:05 AM

Heartbreaking !

I do not understand such acts of wanton vandalism!

People who build model railways spend hundreds of pounds on them, and give hours of time to layouts etc., To see it all laid waste in this manner must be really heartbreaking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48326572
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:30 AM

Re: Heartbreaking !

It's awful. A lifetime's work for some of these enthusiasts to be smashed up in seconds by moronic teenagers.
What will happen to these ignorant youths? Nothing. It's an amazing act of generosity from the crowdfunding general public but to be honest the parents of those tearaway kids should be made accountable for reimbursing the train sets.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's awful. A lifetime's work for some of these enthusiasts to be smashed up in seconds by moronic teenagers.
What will happen to these ignorant youths? Nothing. It's an amazing act of generosity from the crowdfunding general public but to be honest the parents of those tearaway kids should be made accountable for reimbursing the train sets.
I agree, Floydy.

I have friends, Mary and Tom, who are into model railways and have a fantastic layout in their dining room. They have collected some rare engines over the years and have made most of their layout buildings themselves - so i know a bit about the costs and the efforts involved.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 07:30 AM

Yes, Its great the crowdfunding, Its a shame the time and the memories cannot be replaced.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:38 AM

Yes I was 'Gutted' when I read this Tabby......These vandals are not fit to live in a civilised world....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:15 AM

Hard to believe this happened in MD!
A sleepy laid back little country town?
Where did these teenagers get their perspectives from?
Were they from Market Deeping?
Could they be forced to help the the model club to repair
the damage by spending the next 3 years working as
apprentices to the club, then maybe we could kill two birds
with one stone?

Regards Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, Its great the crowdfunding, Its a shame the time and the memories cannot be replaced.

Very true, Spitty.

The vandals must have been in there ages to do that much damage, I am surprised no one nearby heard anything.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:40 AM

I Think Rod Stewart has donated £10k towards rebuilding it as well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:49 AM

I just don't get it. I was thinking back to when I was a kid and the things my friends and I used to get up to but we never did anything destructive like that. I just can't see what pleasure they got from doing it. Even if they had stolen things I could sort of understand why.

As mentioned above though, nothing will happen to them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 02:35 PM

Hi

The world is full of pillocks who get a kick out of this sort of thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top