Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:37 PM

Re: A doleful sycophant dirge

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
If we'd stayed in the EU, we would have eventually had that other wonderful dirge to replace it . 'Ode to Joy' ..... that really is a depressing dirge, despite the fact it's become the theme song for world peace and freedom ! (who said that ?)

Such absolute nonsense
Maybe you'd prefer fida'i.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:55 PM

When I was a Girl the National Anthem was played in Cinemas at the end of the Film...there was always a mad rush for the exit just before it started...I still feel the same about it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 06:08 PM

It's too ghastly .

I vow to thee my country would be nice .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's too ghastly .

I vow to thee my country would be nice .
Is there anything left about this country worth vowing to?

It's been broken by Blair.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 06:55 PM

Not really but it's a cart you tune.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
When I was a Girl the National Anthem was played in Cinemas at the end of the Film...there was always a mad rush for the exit just before it started...I still feel the same about it.
Hi Sunny May, I too remember those times. We always tried to grab the back seats at the Cinema so we could be first out as soon as the main film finished. Sitting anywhere else and we usually had to stand and wait while the dirge was played as it was considered too rude to walk while the anthem was being played. (it was so slow I often wished I had a handle I could turn to speed it along).

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top