Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Re: Liars

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wonder if anyone on this forum saw the Louis Theroux programme where he interviewed Saville? That should have been enough to bring the sewer rat to justice, he seemed to be highly amused by the allegations made against him and didn't actually deny them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:28 PM

There is so much equality in everything nowadays, there is little left to discuss, spose that's why folks make stuff up.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is so much equality in everything nowadays, there is little left to discuss, spose that's why folks make stuff up.
Equality is a good thing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Having brought children up to always tell the truth even if they have done wrong so we can talk about why it is wrong I was quite surprised to hear 'a child expert' on the radio the other day stating that lying in a child can be a positive thing and a milestone in their development because it demonstrates they are able to analyse a situation and possible outcomes

Another thing to consider is people see the truth from their own perspective which may differ from that of others.

What does annoy me and something which happens frequently these days is media interviewers 'creating a truth' where none existed.
An interviewer will ask an interviewee a question and gradually manipulate the response until it becomes a reply with which they are satisfied. Then it will be quoted endlessly over the coming days as something which was originally stated by the interviewee when it could well be somthing they had never considered.
That has been happening for a few years now on radio and TV and I can understand why politicians are worried about telling 'the truth'. It's why they refuse to answer anything because the 'scumbag' press will turn it to their advantage depending on their view point. You only have to watch a BBC interview to see how they twist things.

I said 'scumbag'.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:34 PM

You can have too much of a good thing, to the point of it becoming detrimental.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Saville was definitely a paedophile, possibly the worst ever, that has been proved beyond doubt, it is a great pity that evil piece of scum wasn't brought to justice before he kicked the bucket. Everyone who has been abused should report it even if the person who has abused them is a celeb.
I totally agree with you but what about Muddy's other point.... the Grenfell liars?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-07-2019, 12:42 PM

I used to work with someone who was a habitual liar. Unfortunately, I am not one to ignore it so was always pulling him up on things. It never stopped him lying though.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That has been happening for a few years now on radio and TV and I can understand why politicians are worried about telling 'the truth'. It's why they refuse to answer anything because the 'scumbag' press will turn it to their advantage depending on their view point. You only have to watch a BBC interview to see how they twist things.

I said 'scumbag'.
I thoght it was our UJ talking!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Everyone who has been abused should report it even if the person who has abused them is a celeb.
Maybe especially if the person who has abused them is a celeb.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 01:07 PM

This is iffy .
Celebs usually have money and are in the public eye
No use reporting an anonymous bloke who groped you in 1965 is it ?
Especally if he hasn't a bean to his name .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top