Join for free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 06:45 PM

Climate Change.

Protest marches have been taking place all over the world today protesting about the lack of anything being done to change matters. These protesters want action NOW. It is fine the powers that be saying that by 2025 things will improve but that is all they are doing about it, talking. Action must be taken now but where do we start. Any ideas?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Re: Climate Change.

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Protest marches have been taking place all over the world today protesting about the lack of anything being done to change matters. These protesters want action NOW. It is fine the powers that be saying that by 2025 things will improve but that is all they are doing about it, talking. Action must be taken now but where do we start. Any ideas?
I don't believe changes we make will make much difference. The damage has aleady been done. The way it is supposed to work is as a balance. But if brazil are allowed to burn down the amazon, the individual contrbution becomes utterly meaningless. We are destined to take this road. We are a destructive and selfish species.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:05 PM

By rights, there should be no fossil fuel left by now, maybe GW is a catalyst to the next stage?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
By rights, there should be no fossil fuel left by now, maybe GW is a catalyst to the next stage?
We will be the next fossil fuel...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:12 PM

Some folks will, some have gone forever, and that is a long time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:21 PM

Well Boris seems to think that Britain will 'Lead the World' when it comes to electric vehicles but somehow I can't see Britain leading anything.

I heard on the radio that Exeter is to introduce a low emission zone. No doubt there will be charges involved somewhere along the line seeing as councils love to fleece motorists wherever possible. Our high streets are already dying due to over priced parking charges.

The trouble with Britain is that our answer to every problem is to fine rather than to encourage.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

20-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Perhaps livestock farmers should be made to plant a tree for every animal they slaughter?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:23 PM

Simple answer is we all have to wear condoms and the ladies chastity belts. That will slow down the population growth for a good few years. When the world has half the numbers then think of all the rumpy pumpy that will insue.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Simple answer is we all have to wear condoms and the ladies chastity belts. That will slow down the population growth for a good few years. When the world has half the numbers then think of all the rumpy pumpy that will insue.
Stop being Global. Pump for Britain.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2019, 08:03 AM

Seriously though. I think man has gone too far and is on the brink of becoming extinct by his own hand.
Think back to the very early days before flying machines motor cars etc;
Man invented them and ever since he has wanted improvement, Bigger planes, Ships, Lorries etc; More and faster ways of getting from A to B. Bigger and more destructive ways of killing his fellow beings. We can now reach almost every part of the globe with a deadly weapon by sitting at home and pressing a few buttons. The weapons we are using are becoming more and more deadly. Our 'enemies' becoming more widespread. Something is going to go off with a huge bang one of these days and it,s possible we could all disappear in a puff of smoke. We are making robots that are able to 'think' for themselves.
You may say I am fantasising but just stop a while and think how these robots are becoming more and more self controlling. Already we are testing driverless cars, Driverless trains. Progress if fine but I think it is getting out of hand and has to slow down or stop. I ask myself sometimes, how much longer is man going to be an inhabitant of this planet.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top